You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: Old WWF question...

Rex wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I'll tell you what though...if I have to see another Cena main event at wrestlemania this year, I will be unhappy!

Well get ready...

Even if there were to be a Hogan/Austin ticket, they would still be a mid-card. No lie. It's an age old wrestling tradition, even among the legends, that you ALWAYS allow title matches to be the main events.

Thus the reason that last WrestleMania, even though the biggest match on the card was HBK/Flair (Flair's final match), it was a mid-card.

Minus WM 11 where they thought LT and Bam Bam werea bigger draw than HBK/Nash. If Hogan vs. Austin happens it will most likely be in the middle of the World title and WWE title match. Austin while he has been absent is still one of the biggest draws for WWE and they will use that.

I think we're more likely to see Austin vs. The Rock.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Rock/Hogan was a WM match I think.

And I dont think we will see The Rock back in the WWE anytime soon. He has pretty much turned his back on the place that helped him make millions in shitty movies.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Thanks for the clarification on the Crush- Savage feud.

Macho Man actually had some excellent matches with Rick Martel after wrestlemania

I don't remember these matches.  To be honest the only match involving Martel that I remember was that great match he had with Razor Ramon for the IC title on RAW.  Shawn Michaels had gotten stripped of the title for some reason and they held a tournament for the vacant title.  Ramon and Martel  were the final two and faced off on RAW.  Martel had Ramon in his finisher the Boston Crab and it looked like Razor was about to give up, but he fought out of it and hit the Razor's edge for the win.  I remember thinking wow they gave away this match on free tv.  But that happened in early 1993 and the Savage-Martel feud happened later.

And I dont think we will see The Rock back in the WWE anytime soon. He has pretty much turned his back on the place that helped him make millions in shitty movies.

What does everyone think about this development in pro wrestling?  I find it kind of annoying actually.  Most of these movies stink and we (the viewing public) gets this stuff shoved down our throat (the promos etc.).

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Just last year he inducted his father & grandfather into the WWE Hall of Fame, which was televised on USA. He brought the house down, and even did a bit of 'roasting' towards Mick Foley & Steve Austin, who were in attendance to see Flair's induction.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Just last year he inducted his father & grandfather into the WWE Hall of Fame, which was televised on USA. He brought the house down, and even did a bit of 'roasting' towards Mick Foley & Steve Austin, who were in attendance to see Flair's induction.

Yeah I know. That isn't really anything though. It was his father's and grandfathers induction. Of course he was going to be there. When's the last time he did anything for the good of the wrestling world? He needs to show more respect and willingness to be a part of the company that launched his career. Everyone knows he was a wrestler there is no shame in him going back to his roots and helping out the WWE.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

And the year before that he did a bit taped for RAW, for him to give his "take" on the Bald Billionaires match.

I think the 'turn his back' thing is a misconception. He's stayed active with the company, and also stayed on good terms with Vince.

I personally think his wrestling days however are definitely over. He's been too much of a success. He's a bonafide actor, and has made more money than any wrestler-turned-actor. 'Bout the only way you'll see The Rock again imo, is if all his work tries up, 20 years goes by, and suddenly he re-emerges for the occasional match or gimmick like "Hotrod" "Rowdy" Roddy Piper did.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

He is not too big to go back. Active within the company? Not at all. HBK and Austin were examples of staying active with on air roles and what not when their wrestling days were thought to be over.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I will agree that HBK & Austin, and even Hogan, stayed far more active in their downtime than The Rock, but it doesn't mean The Rock didn't stay at least 'around'.

Now Bret Hart... there's a guy that just vanished. Last year when he taped that segment for RAW, for "Vince McMahon Appreciation Night", was the first time i'd seen him in eons.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I will agree that HBK & Austin, and even Hogan, stayed far more active in their downtime than The Rock, but it doesn't mean The Rock didn't stay at least 'around'.

Now Bret Hart... there's a guy that just vanished. Last year when he taped that segment for RAW, for "Vince McMahon Appreciation Night", was the first time i'd seen him in eons.

I wouldn't even say he has been 'around'. I might be wrong but the last times Rock has been on TV other than the HOF was a taped segment and he had a movie coming out around the same time.

Well Bret Hart being absent is understandable. Even if he and Vince patched things up somewhat Bret will never be on WWE TV regularly or semi regularly. He was inducted into the Hall of Fame by Austin and then a taped segment. That's prob all you'll get from the Hitman for a while.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, I forgot about the HOF induction. That was actually the first i'd seen of him since his WCW days. I remember Hart refused to show up the following day at WM during the normal festivities for HOF inductees.

Board footer