You are not logged in. Please register or login.

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

Re: Is CD still in regular rotation on your stereo?

axlcrazy wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
axlcrazy wrote:

R U people serious? Why the hell would you spend time on a fan forum for a Band that U Know longer like?

That's some strange logic you're using there. M.I.A. is my favorite artist. Kala hasn't been in heavy rotation here in awhile. According to you, that would mean I no longer like her, and should leave her fan communities.

There's other music besides GNR. Whether someone loves the record or only likes a few songs, its not gonna stay in their stereo or Ipod forever. One thing about the lack of staying power with this album for hardcore fans is the fact we heard these songs for years, and most of the demos over the years are better than the final product.

While I do think its a solid record, I knew from the moment I heard it that it wasn't going to be in heavy rotation at my house for very long. That doesn't mean that I(or others) aren't fans.

Thanks. I understand what your saying. For me, I wouldn't take time out my day to post on a Band's fan forum unless I was a Obsessed, Hardcore fan of the current band. It sounds like several people here are more fans of the old band & talk about the current band with "disdain" almost. We've waited 18 years for new music from GNR & some people don't play the new record much after 2 months & only like a few songs? That sounds like a casual fan at best to me.
But, to each his own. cool

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Casual fans dont "wait" 18 years for anything.

You know that some so called hardcore fans on other fan sites dont even own The Spaghetti Incident?

Chinese Democracy is a bit too boring to be on repeat for 2 months straight.

I've been listening to Riad, Scraped, Shacklers IRS and Madagascar a fair few times a week recently. I like them a lot. I bought the album on vinyl last week and listened to the whole album. I'm going to sell it though, every record has inner groove distortion. Its a pity the outer songs sound sweet.
I dont really care for If The World, TWAT, Sorry and Prostitute at all anymore, they are ok but dont do much for me.

Shacklers has grown on me quite a bit, I get the urge to play it (loud)quite a lot. I have never got Sorry and never get the urge to hear it, honestly I couldnt care less if I never hear it again. I'm amazed at how popular it is.

Sky Dog wrote:

we all like different stuff and I don't own the Spaghetti Incident, Greatest Hits, or Live Era!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I'd prolly be a bigger fan if i didnt know so much about the whole saga 16

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I got 6 albums for christmas and took out another 6 from the local library so I've been going through those. Haven't listened to ChiDem in 09 yet.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
madagas wrote:

we all like different stuff and I don't own the Spaghetti Incident, Greatest Hits, or Live Era!

Greatest Hits doesnt count. But why didnt you ever buy the others?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I wish i didnt own Live Era ... i never listen to it it sounds like crap

and i never listen to TSI cuz i think it sucks...but i've had them since they came out i just never liquidated them to the local pawn shop....

i never bought GH cuz trying to stop its release was the only thing Axl, Slash and Duff all agreed on in the past 14 years 16

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Live Era has some awesome moments and some very flat moments. The best performances would fit on one disc. I was a little disapointed when I got it home and listened to it though, it didnt really capture the power of the bands live performances. I'd never heard Its Alright before buying it, that was fucking amazing hearing it for the first time, Axl sounds incredible.

The Spagetti Incident is fucking awesome, if you like your music rocking, that album has it in spades. And honestly imo, that album has the best sound quality of any GN'R album.
Down On The Farm, Black Leather and I Dont Care About You are amongst my favourite songs by GNR.

Sky Dog wrote:
Olorin wrote:
madagas wrote:

Greatest Hits doesnt count. But why didnt you ever buy the others?

GH is an official album release though....I never bought it. However, I did buy SI and Live Era.....sold them because I really didn't like them much. Plus, a few years ago I saw the impending end to cd's and dumped hundreds of cd's while I had the chance to get something for them. Plus, I am pretty much a minimalist and my collection now only contains albums that I truly love.:peace:

Sky Dog wrote:

ps Black Leather does kick a whole lotta ass but I was really disappointed by the stiff Down on the Farm. The live Farm Aid version blows the album version out of the water.

Board footer