You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Is CD still in regular rotation on your stereo?

metallex78 wrote:

Goes to show you too, I think Raw Power is one of the best tracks on TSI. Such a killer groove

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

you're not the only one, axlin....i was stoked at the time that KOHD from the freddy mercury show was on there... the only thing about it i'd change is the when/where info (or.. lack thereof)

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Still in heavy rotation for me.  I listen to it a few times a week at least.  I wake up to it every morning as my alarm.  I never hit snooze, I let it play all the way through.  Although it always gets cut off the second line in "This I Love", must be the hour mark.  I'll listen to it in the car, at home, whenever I get a chance.  And I've never picked out certain songs to listen to.  It's always start to finish, 1-14 with no skips.  I love the album and I can't see it leaving my CD player until another GNR album comes out.  Unless of course that takes another 15 years, then I might break down.  But I haven't listened to any other CD's since Nov. 23rd.

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:
faldor wrote:

I'll listen to it in the car, at home, whenever I get a chance.  And I've never picked out certain songs to listen to.  It's always start to finish, 1-14 with no skips.  I love the album and I can't see it leaving my CD player until another GNR album comes out.  Unless of course that takes another 15 years, then I might break down.  But I haven't listened to any other CD's since Nov. 23rd.

Same Here! Amen Brother!:beer:

I'm not saying that I'll never listen to CD again it's just that I haven't been in the mood to listen to it and I have been writing songs and trying to start a business so I don't have alot of time these days,but as with every other GN'R album I will come back to it.:mosh:

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I played This I Love on vinyl last night, and it sounded pretty nice. It had a wholesome, warm sound like the way my parents records sounded at their parties when I was a kid.

I.R.S suffers from inner groove distortion but it gives it a cool raw sound for a while, like its coming out of an old stereo. It loses its deep end completely nearer the end though, SOD sounds the same - the bass and drums just vanish and the treble and high sounds elevate, giving off the distortion. Pretty frustrating.

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:

while i like the album i think its a shame that it was released as a gnr album. i too played last night til, sorry and catcher in the rye but... these songs sound like they could have been written by any band.

i dont listen much to gnr cataloge but lately im really diggin buick makane. i just love old bands sound and slashs solo 21 is just out of this world.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

I had not listened to the album in a few weeks, and did tonight while driving home from work.  Sounded great!  Maybe it was giving it some time to sink in, or that I had been listening to horrid rock on the radio for awhile and it was just superior, but for whatever reason, it really sounded great!  Love the album even more than I did when it came out!

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

When I'm driving I throw my iPod on random, and in the last three days, three GnR songs have come on - Ain't It Fun, Better, and Shotgun Blues.

Now, usually, I would say I love Ain't it Fun and Better and I hate Shotgun Blues. As expected, AIF felt great. But Better packed less punch, and Shotgun Blues actually seemed awesome. As a big fan of Robin, and a guy with major respect for Buckethead, I have to admit Slash on a throw-away track like SB is miles more effective and, well, much better than guys with a decade to record the supposedly biggest of the big guns.

I may go put on UYI again. It's been a long time.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

out of curiosity .... if you hat a song then why is it on your ipod?

but yeah shotgun blues is a bit of a hidden gem IMO

Board footer