You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Lars Comments on "Better" Video

Neemo wrote:

I agree...half the live footage in their videos from the 80s and 90s isnt even from the proper songs 16

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

They really wouldn't even have to appear in the video. Shackler's would make a great soundtrack to an Asian Animated video. He also mentioned something about using Mickey Rourke in a SR video. Axl's got enough members to make a "band" video. But I don't see it being a huge deal. This band doesn't have an identity outside Axl, anyway. Hasn't since Bucket left. So what's the sense of using old concert footage?

P.R. Brown can make a pretty killer video with no big production, too.

They don't have to use footage of band members at all if they don't want to.  The newest Metallica video for "All Nightmare Long" doesn't show any members of the band, nor does Pearl Jam's "Do the Evolution".  It can obviously be done.  Of course, I don't know if that'd be the best way of doing things.  Trying to reintroduce GNR without showing any of the members.  Then again, who are the members exactly?  So maybe it is the way to go.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

So, where the fuck is this video anyway?

The song has already peaked on the charts. releasing a video at this point for Better would be a disaster.

If this is true it's pathetic. I just heard Better on local radio for the first time yesterday. Keep in mind I'm in a  truck all day with the radio going.  Says all you need to know about the interest this album generated. Next to ZERO. I haven't heard CD on radio in weeks.

I guess it depends on what stations you listen to.  I listen to Sirius/XM Octane and they play plenty of songs from CD.  Granted they don't play the title track as much as they used to, but they play "Better" at least a couple times a day and I've heard "Scraped" and "Shackler's Revenge" each a few times over the past couple weeks.  And I only have that station on for maybe a couple hours a day.

Update:  I just noticed I left my radio on and they played CD an hour ago (it records up to an hour of programming at a time).  So they are still playing it.  I was getting worried though, I hadn't heard them play it all week.

One more thing I should note.  While they do play "Better" regularly, it didn't make their weekly countdown this week.  This is only the second week they've had the countdown since Sirius and XM merged and I missed last weeks.  I missed most of this weeks too, I heard the top 12 or so and honestly I don't know if it's a top 20 or what but "Better" was not played during the countdown that I heard and it was the first song played AFTER the countdown.  So I'm assuming it wasn't played earlier in the countdown when I wasn't listening.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Shacklers might be a smart pick. I didn't think CD was a wise choice (matter of fact, I thought it was going to bomb) and it was pretty damn successful. If SR did have a cool Mickey Rourke or Asian anime video there's no telling how far it could go.  There's really nothing to lose at this point. And if they cut the outro, I'd say throw Prostitute out there, too.

I've always been of the opinion that TWAT would be a huge single and would make CD a big selling album. Now that I look at it, it would have been a great first single in 2002 to introduce the new band, with an epic fucking video... But now I see that would've only worked for that band, and sadly, that band doesn't exist anymore.  sad

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

So have we all gave up on this video then?

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Olorin wrote:

So have we all gave up on this video then?

I tried to remain positive but in truth I think I gave up even when it was mentioned, at least inside.  I TRY to look at the bright side but this shit has been a self-induced disaster.  It would have been HARD to find a way to fuck up CD's potential MORE than what has been accomplished already so far.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

It still sucks though. Even Live Era had 2 videos by this stage.

I'm confused about all those people who say video is dead because MTV doesnt play videos anymore. I have about 30 music channels, some of them devoted purely to rock, and I see new videos all the time.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The Video Doesn't Exist - thisguy

faldor

faldor wrote:
Olorin wrote:

It still sucks though. Even Live Era had 2 videos by this stage.

I'm confused about all those people who say video is dead because MTV doesnt play videos anymore. I have about 30 music channels, some of them devoted purely to rock, and I see new videos all the time.

What Live Era videos were there?

Board footer