You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: What Are You Listening To?

smoke wrote:

It made a decent splash on the radio, but Roger kind of went silent afterwards, at least as far as the general public was concerned.

The CD stlil sounds great - the liner talks about this new fangled "Q Sound" it was recorded with. The way you could tell it was working if you sat down in front of your speakers the barking dog at the album opening sounded like it was coming from outside.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Yeah the Q Sound was revolutionary and hope Roger takes it and brings it up to the next level with his next solo album if he ever decides to release anymore new material. He said he was working on something called Heartland I believe.

Me_Wise_Magic

I enjoy this song even though the lyrics can be cheesy and it's a tribute to the 80s synth over the top power ballads. smile

Me_Wise_Magic

Van Halen 3 lineup with Gary Cherone (Live 1998) A great performance. Gary did most of these songs from the past justice when he was in the band. Even though the album with him was a disappointment. Some cool moments on this performance.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Gary really never had a chance, but he did a great job. No fault of his, it was just the climate of the time + the usual VH dysfunction I'm sure.

Me_Wise_Magic

smoke wrote:

Gary really never had a chance, but he did a great job. No fault of his, it was just the climate of the time + the usual VH dysfunction I'm sure.

Oh yeah I agree. Warner Bros. saw the album and tour as a failure even though they were the ones that want the guy in the band in the first place and Eddie & Mike liked Gary's attitude. Personally they got the wrong producer for VH3. Giving the boys the wrong ideas for certain songs and production parts. Also most of the hardcore fan base just didn't get it. Third singer after everybody started to warm up to Sammy and the success of those albums and tours. Other than that Gary doesn't talk shit or complain that he's not in VH; but continues to respect and praise those guys which I admire and the time they spent making music.

Me_Wise_Magic

http://vimeo.com/3617272

Nine Inch Nails with samples of the great Bowie Sensei.

Love this fucking song!!

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Board footer