You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: What Are You Listening To?

PaSnow wrote:

Stumbled across this.  First, think how you think this will go, then watch it

Hidden Text:

really good imho

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

WTF is this? YouTube fed it to me, and it’s awesome. Dude’s voice is like Peter Steele. I gotta dive in to see what they are all about. The 69 Eyes. Anyone heard of them? James you might like this.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

This guitarist is awesome! Sammy Boller. He doesn't just shred, but he does it with awesome melodies. Catchy as hell even without vocals. The new Satriani or Vai.

AtariLegend wrote:

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Another modern band doing traditional metal.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

WTF is this? YouTube fed it to me, and it’s awesome. Dude’s voice is like Peter Steele. I gotta dive in to see what they are all about. The 69 Eyes. Anyone heard of them? James you might like this.

That's actually pretty good. I never would've saw it in a million years. I don't know how people get into new music today. Randomly surf youtube? Spin magazine website? The minimal role music plays in today's culture blows my mind.

I don't like the production of what little new music I hear. It's hollow for lack of a better term. Any good song goes down a notch on that alone.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ I think rock musics going to go the way of jazz, and just be a small offshoot of an era gone by. I don't foresee another Beatles or Nirvana coming around. It's all gonna be EDM, The Weeknd, Drake, Marshmello type stuff going forward. Music itself might become less popular with the lack of radio & increase of phone/app usage, and people will just stream older music that they do like, not need new music for their generation.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

That's actually pretty good. I never would've saw it in a million years. I don't know how people get into new music today. Randomly surf youtube? Spin magazine website? The minimal role music plays in today's culture blows my mind.

I don't like the production of what little new music I hear. It's hollow for lack of a better term. Any good song goes down a notch on that alone.

I just kind of stumble onto stuff. Spotify directs you to bands you might like based on your listening habits. Some of my current favorite bands I discovered this way: The Night Flight Orchestra, Haunt, Magic Sword, Dance with the Dead, Meteor, Wytch Hazel (video above), Night Demon, Enforcer, Traveler.

Other stuff is suggested by YouTube after I watch a video of another artist. I think YouTube led me to that 69 Eyes video above after I watched Type O Negative. Steel Panther was suggested to me as well. They are just a fun, spoof band of 80s hair metal, but they are really good, and their shows are fun.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Great song.

I love how Stevie can't stop rubbing her nose. She's so happy here too.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Listening to The Cranberries lately. She had such an amazing voice and Zombie is a song that will always be relevant with how the world is.
Rip Dolores.

Board footer