You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: What Are You Listening To?

James wrote:

I wish tv shows like that still existed. On the other hand.... there's not enough decent artists to sustain such a program in today's world.

Amazing.

He has no idea he's about to get killed in a plane crash. Dead at 26... imagine what he could've done with another 20-30 years.

James

James wrote:

That's amazing. I've always preferred the Ron Wood era of the band but they were really on fire at that point.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Have u seen this?

James

James wrote:

Yeah.

An interesting period in their history.... they're starting to phase Brian Jones out of the band while he's still in it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I used to dispise the stones in my teenage years now that mick Taylor era is my go to

James

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I used to dispise the stones in my teenage years now that mick Taylor era is my go to

I've been into the Taylor era these past few years... mainly because it's the only Stones years I never got burnt out on in my youth.

In the 80s-early 90s, the various hits collections pushed towards Gen X mainly focused on the Ron Wood years...and there was that one hits CD that was nothing but 60s Stones. Also take into account that lineup was currently releasing new material and touring.

I think this is why I really got into Sticky Fingers a few years back with that deluxe edition....it was practically a new album.

If you don't have that 2012 Sticky Fingers release....get it. That second disc is amazing. It's basically an alternate version of the album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7yIb9S8JoM

James

James wrote:

I just found out REM released a remix of Monster a few years ago.

That's what I'll be listening to this evening.

James

James wrote:

I had no idea they had finally added this to their set list....

When the reunion happened....I was gonna go until I saw the set list. Underwhelming...and the exclusion of this song guaranteed I wasn't buying a ticket.

Roth just can't sing. That reunion happened 10-15 years too late.

Michael Anthony is sorely missed on backing vocals... especially on this song.

The music sounds great.

James

James wrote:

35 years ago today.... Terence Trent D'arby's Wishing Well hit #1 on the Billboard Charts.

Where does the time go?!?

James

James wrote:

Pretty damn good.

I may need to give later era Roth a second chance.

Board footer