You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: What Are You Listening To?

James wrote:

This guy probably should've been bigger....

Here he is doing the song as a senior citizen...

Pretty good...

James

James wrote:

That's fucking awesome.

Imagine walking down the streets of NYC and the Stones pull up in a truck performing Brown Sugar.

James

James wrote:

They don't make songs like that anymore...

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Back in 2012 my granddad asked if I could use the internet to find him a song from his younger days that he hadn't been able to find a recording of on CD locally. The song was called "Wishing It Was You" by an artist called Connie Francis (I'd never heard of her). I spent hours trawling the internet but couldn't find it, so I reached out to the owner of the only Connie Francis fansite I could find to see if they could help, and a few weeks later they replied with an mp3 of the song attached. My granddad was delighted when I gave him the CD.

I lost my granddad 2 years ago and was thinking about the above story earlier today for some reason. I still have the mp3 in my email and was going to upload it to Youtube to share it with you all, but the internet in 2023 is much different than it was back then. It's obviously already on Youtube these days, but I was kinda shocked to see that it has been viewed over 10 million times yikes

Been reading up on Connie Francis and listening to her other music, her Wiki page is pretty interesting, definitely paid her dues smile

James

James wrote:

I remember that song. I think my grandma (dad's side) used to listen to her.

She's one of those people kinda slipping through the cracks of history.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:
Will wrote:

Back in 2012 my granddad asked if I could use the internet to find him a song from his younger days that he hadn't been able to find a recording of on CD locally. The song was called "Wishing It Was You" by an artist called Connie Francis (I'd never heard of her). I spent hours trawling the internet but couldn't find it, so I reached out to the owner of the only Connie Francis fansite I could find to see if they could help, and a few weeks later they replied with an mp3 of the song attached. My granddad was delighted when I gave him the CD.

I lost my granddad 2 years ago and was thinking about the above story earlier today for some reason. I still have the mp3 in my email and was going to upload it to Youtube to share it with you all, but the internet in 2023 is much different than it was back then. It's obviously already on Youtube these days, but I was kinda shocked to see that it has been viewed over 10 million times yikes

Been reading up on Connie Francis and listening to her other music, her Wiki page is pretty interesting, definitely paid her dues smile

Never heard this song before.

It made me think of this one, by Etta James.

My mum always asks me to look uo  some song no one else seems to know about. 16

James

James wrote:

I had no idea until just now that Albini did a new mix for In Utero on its 20th anniversary.

Found out because they're now hyping the upcoming 30th and someone mentioned this.

That's amazing. It's how the song should've originally sounded.

Gonna listen to the whole album tonight while cooking dinner.

Yamcha

Yamcha wrote:

Absolutely love this song and this guy!

Yamcha

Yamcha wrote:

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Pink Floyd - Final Cut

Underrated effort. There are some really good songs on this album. Being a continuation of the Wall does hurt it. Roger should have built something around songs like "Not Now John" instead, but on the other hand then you lose "Your Possible Pasts" which is the best song on the album. Very Wall'ish though.

Board footer