You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: What Are You Listening To?

Axl S wrote:

Still got Monsters on loop

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Still got Monsters on loop

Me too.

I gotta give those two a rest soon.

I got a Stones album and Roger Waters to catch up on.

James

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Pink Floyd - Final Cut

Underrated effort. There are some really good songs on this album. Being a continuation of the Wall does hurt it. Roger should have built something around songs like "Not Now John" instead, but on the other hand then you lose "Your Possible Pasts" which is the best song on the album. Very Wall'ish though.

It doesn't really feel like a continuation though. It's a dirge lacking the epicness of The Wall.

Best songs to me...

Not Now John
Two Suns In The Sunset

I listened to it more this past year than in my entire life. I thought it deserved a second chance. I hated the whole thing back in the day...didn't have a single song in my collection.

It's really unfortunate that it's their last album. I'm with Gilmour...it's not good enough.

They needed to go out with a bang.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
James wrote:

I listened to it more this past year than in my entire life. I thought it deserved a second chance. I hated the whole thing back in the day...didn't have a single song in my collection.

Me too, but that's not saying much. Never really gave it a chance.

While not a great album it does have some great songs. At least 3 would go into any PF playlist. I'll take it.

I'm turning 40 in 4 days and I notice a distinct change in my musical taste. When I was 15-20, bands like Faith No More and Rage Against the Machine were the shit. I turned on a few of their albums yesterday and hated it. The melodies and the riffs are still the same, still good, but for some obscure reason I now hate it. The best reason I could think of was that a guy like Mike Patton, while very talented, is not really an artist the way I see it. His solo work for example is mostly nonsense. Doing weird shit just to do it, like he has no musical compass. Good band, but perhaps not a real band. And I want real bands. It's like they had me fooled for all these years.

With other bands like GN'R and Pink Floyd the opposite has happened. I like their stuff more now. Used to be I thought Move To The City was a mediocre song, now I love it. Same with much of Final Cut etc.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

One of my absolute favorites:

James

James wrote:

I cried.

Robbed of an Oscar.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

The best songs on this album imo

Axl used to have good taste in music. Massively underrated album. Can you imagine Rolling Stone gave it 2 stars.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

Never really listened to this. Great album. A few rather unknown songs that are pretty good.

Best of albums are a bad thing. You don't get the consistent groove that goes into a proper album. All of those songs were created in a small moment of time and that makes them fit together. Greatest Hits and the like feel like a mess in comparison. Very disjointed.

James

James wrote:

Rumours might be the second greatest album ever made.

The only weak song on it is Oh Daddy...should've been ditched and they could've used Planets of the Universe, Think About It, or Silver Springs. Unfortunately they wouldn't allow Stevie to have one more song on the album.

Not a big fan of Songbird but I can see why they kept it.

Yeah their greatest hits...while packed full of hits....is a mess. It's missing too many good songs. They're a band like Floyd, Stones, etc....too many great songs for a regular compilation.

You should give Tusk a chance....the follow up to Rumours. It was way too ambitious, too long...but there's some really good songs there.

Board footer