You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Re: Chinese Democracy starts - never?

Abbey_Road wrote:

I copied this from HTGTH:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … ic=49712.0

Let it be known that I have all faith in Axl and this band, and I do believe there is finished music waiting to be released. What I'm beginning to question is whether or not what we've been waiting for is actually the album known as Chinese Democracy. The 06 tour was the last mention of that name, with the 07 leg simply being dubbed "World Tour 2007." Axl and the guys in the band don't generally refer to the album by title, and now we've got Baz saying there are multiple albums awaiting a potentially strategic release pattern. I think there was a Chinese Democracy at one time, and I think a lot of those songs have been re-worked by the current line up to make this new album, but I don't think this new album will be Chinese Democracy, at least not what we perceived Chinese Democracy to be. Nine Inch Nails was all set with an album of material and a concept behind it, Bleedthrough, but sometimes an artist will simply change their mind and want to go a different route. Axl's been held to delivering a Chinese Democracy for so long by the fans, but I think what will ultimately result from the "most expensive album ever recorded" will actually be several albums, none of them that said album. Take this cryptic posting over on Blabbermouth:

COMMENT |
posted by : stipple
11/14/2007 9:51:30 PM   

I'm good friends with someone in Axl's camp and he assured me that Axl will be releasing an album of new music (which will NOT be titled Chinese Democracy) in April (May at the latest) 2008.
Additional albums of new music will follow with intervals of 6 to 9 months. This albums will not be linked by any particular concept. Can't wait!

I'm not saying it's news and I'm not saying I buy it. I am saying it fits in line with what I've come to believer what Baz apparently believes, and makes the most sense considering the fact this material is most likely done, mastered, and in the hands of the label. A strategic marketing campaign for the comeback ALBUMS of one of the biggest rock bands in history can't be that easy a task, especially in 2007 with the industry pretty much waiting to die.

Think about it.

AtariLegend wrote:

I really doubt we are going to learn the secrets of "Chinese Democracy" from a random poster in the shoutbox over at Blabbermouth...

Although I can understand why you posted it... the thread on HTGTH lasted a few minutes longer than predicted, but jarmo wasn't online.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

AtariLegend wrote:

I really doubt we are going to learn the secrets of "Chinese Democracy" from a random poster in the shoutbox over at Blabbermouth...

Although I can understand why you posted it... the thread on HTGTH lasted a few minutes longer than predicted, but jarmo wasn't online.

HTGTH only allows threads that pertain to a band member's underwear or the type of sunglasses that they wear. 13

bba

AtariLegend wrote:
bringbackadler wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

HTGTH only allows threads that pertain to a band member's underwear or the type of sunglasses that they wear. 13

bba

So you think this guy is legit... ? 16

I don't believe these opinions, Axl's whole promotion for his album is based on that title.  You say Chinese Democracy and everyone knows what that is.   

I highly doubt Axl is going to ditch his stage set up either that even though the 07 tour was called The World Tour, they still had the CD stage and only changed the title of the tour to not get more flack about touring under an album title that isn't released yet.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Geeez, I remember in 2006 specific threads about

A. Axl possibly ditching the "Chinese Democracy" title
B. A Trilogy release, spaced out over 9mo's - 1 year apart
C. An April/possible May release of "next year" (ie. back then it was for 2007)

It's like the same shit just regurgitated into 1 All-Inclusive post.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

Apparently, in the brazilian issue of the Rolling Stone, Marc Canteris quoted as saying that one of the problems is that Merck never renewed the album deal last year, thus making it very hard to deal with the record company.

If this is the case, then why the fuck don't they just go somewhere else?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
elmir wrote:

Apparently, in the brazilian issue of the Rolling Stone, Marc Canteris quoted as saying that one of the problems is that Merck never renewed the album deal last year, thus making it very hard to deal with the record company.

If this is the case, then why the fuck don't they just go somewhere else?

I think whoever is stating this is paraphrasing. I don't think verbatim this is what went on.  You wouldn't "renew" a recording contract?!  He obviously owes them at least 1 album, otherwise the label would not have given him an advance AND he could go to a different label also.

He might have said Merck never "renegotiated" the deal (ie ask for more money, higher royalties, forgive the $13 mil advance). In which the label can say "No" and GnR's still under contract with them and cannot go somewhere else. Possible mix-up in the translation.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Chinese Democracy as a title is the single biggest marketing tool this CD has going for it besides the GNR name. No one in their right mind in the GNR camp would allow this CD to be released as anything other than "Chinese Democracy."

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Although...you could keep its mythalogical status that way...like say you arn't releasing CD but another album, then if that is shit canned...say all the good stuff was on CD wink

But i agree it would be a little bit crazy!!

Board footer