You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Former GN'R Manager Alan Niven Counters Axl's Claims

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Great reads above, granted the same band he calls not Guns N' Roses, he performed with several times on rhythm in 2006.

Obviously a lot has changed in the last decade.

its not about what changed ts about the claim that Axl drove everyone off in the early 90's...

its pretty clear in alot of things you read from back then that nobody wanted to deal with his shit anymore

Just like the girl was trying to tell us in "Coma"

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Great reads above, granted the same band he calls not Guns N' Roses, he performed with several times on rhythm in 2006.

Obviously a lot has changed in the last decade.

its not about what changed ts about the claim that Axl drove everyone off in the early 90's...

its pretty clear in alot of things you read from back then that nobody wanted to deal with his shit anymore

Agreed. I think this is even more enhanced by Slash's perception of Doug Goldstein as "Axl's boy", and an opportunist.

I'm sure Axl sees it in a certain way, which is intriguing, but there's no way you can sit back and call tens of hundreds of people wrong, and one guy right.

Izzy grew up with the guy, and he pretty much agreed with Slash's side of the story.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I'm curious, what is the statute of limitations for suing if you signed something under duress?

In Axl's website post on mygnr he says:

So let’s start here… the whole Axl wouldn’t go on stage yada yada… is complete and utter crap.

Never happened, all made up, fallacy and fantasy. Not one single solitary thread of truth to it. Had that been the case I would’ve have been cremated years ago legally, could’ve cleaned me out for the name and damages. It's called under duress with extenuating circumstances. In fact the time that was mentioned the attorneys were all in Europe with us dealing with Adler depositions.

However, later on in the website post Axl says:

Media and others ignorantly, wrongly and falsely harped on about it at mine and the fans expense for years and Slash has hoped to use all that to continually sue and have some sort of legal nonsense going on behind the scenes in an effort to reverse things. He wouldn’t have been able to get the support and action on the part of his various team members over the years to do so if the truth were out there especially when the statute of limitations had run out years ago.

Now according to Axl the band signed over the name rights to him before the UYI tour when the contract renegotations took place.  Is it therefore possible that Axl threatened that he wouldn't do the tour (even though dates were booked) unless the rights were signed over to him.  Then somewhere through the chinese whispers and passage of time this event was bastardized into the "Axl wouldn't go on stage unless we signed" version.

Regardless of the specifics, it seems plausible that Slash and Duff could have signed over the name under duress and never bothered to challenge the situation until it was too late. i.e. after the statute of limitations had run out.  I mean the UYI tour went for over 2 years - could this have been long enough for the statute of limitations to expire?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Good points, but like anything with most stuff, the genuine truth lies somewhere in the middle.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Izzy also states that Steven is clean 16

Perception of the world around you is a very subjective thing, wouldn't you say?

No one has the whole truth. All of them prolly have some. Some more than others but never the entire truth.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
DCK wrote:

Izzy also states that Steven is clean 16

Perception of the world around you is a very subjective thing, wouldn't you say?

No one has the whole truth. All of them prolly have some. Some more than others but never the entire truth.

This is true but everybody has a similar version of the truth compared to Axl's.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

So  did anyone else get the magazine? I got it last night, its quite a good interview, he talks a little about Great White as well. There was quite a few things that we havnt heard about before. He reveals the location of the missing million dollars that Izzy freaked out over, "it was in an escrow account, it was to be released when Guns booked a tour of a certain size or had recouped the other $1.5 million they had already recieved as an advance against merchendise sales."

Zakk Wilde has an interview in the magazine with Axl and Slash mentions, he calls Slash a sweetheart and Axl a beautiful guy.

There is a small interview with a band called "The Trews" who say they supported GNR, I've never heard of them.

"We were told not to talk to Axl and not to look at Axl or we'd get kicked off the tour. We wernt even allowed within 300 ft of him. It was fine because he's Axl Rose and we were nobodies. One night we were supposed to play for 45 minutes, and when we were playing our last song the road manager is motioning us to - like stetch it out, keep playing - because Axl had decided he wasnt going on stage until midnight"

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

north america cant purchase the mag until much later....like the issue iwth sic.'s article i still cant buy here....i think its this month but i'm not sure 17

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I could scan it but you might ban me!!

HTGTH gets a mention as "becoming Axl's mouthpiece in recent years" 14

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Let him scan it guys!Please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Board footer