You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: List your top 5 song on Chinese Democracy

Neemo wrote:

just curious what everyone's top five is on the album and if it accuartely reflects the outcome of the elimination thread that we are having

My top 5 (no particular order)

IRS
Madagascar
TWAT
Street of Dreams
Catcher In The Rye

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Somewhat in an order

SOD
CITR
Better
TIL
Maddy

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

In no particular order:

This I Love
Scraped
Sorry
Riad
CD

Sky Dog wrote:

no order

twat
citr
riad
til
prostitute

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Better
IRS
Street of Dreams
T.W.A.T.
If The World or Chinese Democracy (too close to call)

ShoGunslinger
 Rep: 1 

Catcher n' the rye
Street of dreams
Chinese Democracy
Better
Madagascar

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

If the World
Sorry
Chinese Democracy
Madagascar
This I Love

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Buzzer Beater
 Rep: 3 

What the hell I'll make my first post here.  I found this site because I really like the CD album.  I'm an old GNR fan but didn't really follow the breakup of the band and would randomly wonder when the disc would come out.  When I finally got it, I couldn't believe how much I liked it and like it more with every listen.  I never listened to any of the leaks or anything so I can't compare these songs to how they sounded in 2002 or 2006.  I just think the album stands up just fine right now.  Since I liked the album so much I wanted some more info on what's been going on with Axl and why it took 15 years to make.  Somehow I got linked to the Chinese Whispers thread and found this website.  I've enjoyed voting in the elimination polls.  With that background, here are my top 5 on this disc as they stand right now:

1) There was a Time:  The outtro is some of the best stuff GNR has done.  Axl's voice sound great here and I've become a huge Buckethead fan. 
2) Better: Cool riff, great sounding vocals and two really cool but different solos.  Pretty much just a great straight-forward rock song.
3) Chinese Democracy: It doesn't seem like many here like this tune but I find myself looking for this one after a long day at work and cranking the volume for those opening chords.  The Buckethead solo is incredible.
4) Prostitute: The song kind or jumps around and I don't really like the intro or the outtro but they are my personal favorite lyrics and the last verse and Buckethead solo following the verse are great.
5) Sorry:  Great flow to the song, it doesn't really stray from one steady arrangement like so many of the songs.  Cool lyrics.

Shackler's Revenge and Madagascar have been rising for me lately as well.  Great all around album.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:

scraped
sorry
shackler's revenge
TWAT
If The World

Board footer