You are not logged in. Please register or login.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

Re: Brain To Tour w/ GNR In Summer?

supaplex wrote:
axlcrazy wrote:
supaplex wrote:

another email with a statement that will be taken back in a week at most.

Doesn't look that way:

Re: brain confirms a summer tour?
« Reply #27 on: Today at 11:47:18 AM »
    Reply with quoteQuote
Brain on Facebook had this to say:

Brain Mantia: This Summer... They are back....and VMA. about an hour ago - Comment - Show Comments (3)Hide Comments (3)
Steve Talbot at 9:35am February 5: Who r back?
George Patapis at 10:03am February 5: Guns N' Roses
Michael Dowling at 10:06am February 5: wow

do you know how many email and interviews i could dig up that said a tour/album/whatever was in the works during these last years from members of the band? this is not so different. and i will be happy to be proven wrong this time.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

He mentions nothing of GNR on that Facebook post. Others do.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Not beyond the realms of possibility, but I'll believe it when I see it, and that goes for the tour as well as Brain's return. The tour is a logical step overall, and we always speculated Brain left due to the lack of album progress so I guess we'll see.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
bigbri wrote:

He mentions nothing of GNR on that Facebook post. Others do.

Not only that, but how do we know that's really Brain's Facebook account... and that it's an unaltered post...  Smells fishy to me.

Sky Dog wrote:

the Facebook thing is fake as hell...VMA's, bullshit. 16 very very fishy...I don't know about the email but it hasn't been knocked down over at HTGTH. lol

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

the Facebook thing is fake as hell...VMA's, bullshit. 16 very very fishy...

TThe VMAs thing proves its bullshit. Person should have done a tad of research first. MTV hasn't even scheduled the show yet and they sure as hell aren't confirming a line up at this point.

There's also the possibility Brain was joking about the VMAs. I do find it interesting he refers to GNR as "they" and not "we".

Sky Dog wrote:

technically, it should be "he"...:thumbup:

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I'd probably view the facebook thing and the email as unlinked events. The email judging by HTGTH keeping it suggests some truth to it. The facebook post could be any old crank playing around.

The email comes from his real address while the Facebook thing is (probably) fake.

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

the Facebook thing is fake as hell...VMA's, bullshit. 16 very very fishy...

TThe VMAs thing proves its bullshit. Person should have done a tad of research first. MTV hasn't even scheduled the show yet and they sure as hell aren't confirming a line up at this point.

There's also the possibility Brain was joking about the VMAs. I do find it interesting he refers to GNR as "they" and not "we".

It says "and VMA", not "VMA's".  I think VMA= Very Much Alive.

Hence, they are back and very much alive makes some sense. Still doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

Board footer