You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Axl Rose Speaks to Billboard

buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

the general public doesn't count.....it only matters what Axl and Slash want. For fuck's sake.

I didn't say what the general public wants mattered, I just answered her question of why it was being dwelled on.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Bullshit dude.

Do you understand tone or inflection or sarcasm in the human voice?

The fuckin' guy was being a sarcastic, passive-aggressive asshole. I'm not dragging him down, it is what it is. Sometimes i'm a sarcastic asshole (rarely passive-aggressive). But at least I know when i'm doing it.

Slash had been overly critical, even talked shit (which was known then), then when the guy cuts his hand, he starts taking obvious jabs when he's backstage, and then when Axl has the guts to call him down on it, he suddenly starts back peddlin'.

He meant both of those comments to be sarcastic & passive-aggressive. It's obvious.

I guess it's just a difference in perception because I certainly don't hear a sarcastic tone in Slash's voice at all. His tone never  changes from when he mentions a costume change and then mentioning Axl cutting his hand. I think he was stating what he believed to be true at that moment.

Slash does back down, but I think that is more to with him not being interested in a confrontation.  He might be spineless in that sense, but I don't see how he was being sarcastic and passive-aggressive.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

People see what they want to see.  It's why eyewitness accounts are always taken with a grain of salt.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Bullshit dude.

Do you understand tone or inflection or sarcasm in the human voice?

The fuckin' guy was being a sarcastic, passive-aggressive asshole. I'm not dragging him down, it is what it is. Sometimes i'm a sarcastic asshole (rarely passive-aggressive). But at least I know when i'm doing it.

Slash had been overly critical, even talked shit (which was known then), then when the guy cuts his hand, he starts taking obvious jabs when he's backstage, and then when Axl has the guts to call him down on it, he suddenly starts back peddlin'.

He meant both of those comments to be sarcastic & passive-aggressive. It's obvious.

I guess it's just a difference in perception because I certainly don't hear a sarcastic tone in Slash's voice at all. His tone never  changes from when he mentions a costume change and then mentioning Axl cutting his hand. I think he was stating what he believed to be true at that moment.

Slash does back down, but I think that is more to with him not being interested in a confrontation.  He might be spineless in that sense, but I don't see how he was being sarcastic and passive-aggressive.

Yeah, but typically passive-aggressive statements fly right by most people. The sarcasm might be up to interpretation, but the passive-aggressive nature of the comments is there imo.

To the audience, and the unknowledged person, they'd say "yeah, Slash was joking around and call the backup band gay, and that Axl was having a costume change when his hand was cut, haha"

But to Axl, he's already got the tension going on, and he took it how it was meant. It was a jab. If you don't believe that, or anyone for that matter, go look up GNR's history from that time, just about every interview Slash's done, AND Slash's book were he's making fun or busting down all of those exact things. So in theory, he's supposed to feel that way NOW, in hind-sight, but not in the present, in 1992, when it was happening right then?

That was Slash's way at being fed up Axl was off-stage, and taking his little potshots imo. It's even more enhanced by Axl's calling him on it, because a person who made INNOCENT comments with no hidden meaning, would've been stunned in that situation. Slash would've reacting like "WTF? Where's this coming from? What's wrong Axl?", but instead, when Axl comments on it, Slash is immediately defensive. Shows you right there, HE KNEW what he was saying, and he consciously made those comments, because HE KNEW the band would get it and Axl, but everyone else would be oblivious.

That's typically the structure of a passive-aggressive statement. Old married couples do it all the time, and technically with band relationships, by 1992, Axl & Slash were kind of in the same boat.

Maybe they've both needed couples therapy all these years? 16 2219

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I can't interpret his tone or whatever

for me, he just sort of sounded nervous and was scared of a riot situation or something and he talked to the crowd, he just sounded nervous like he was afraid axl wasn't coming back

so to me, it just seemed he was trying to cover for Axl being offstage so the fans wouldn't get pissed.

u can interpret it however though, but that is how I took it.

The gay band thing could've been an inside joke as well i don't know.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Axl jumped out of a car Slash was riding in when he didn't like something Slash said before the band made it big.  I highly doubt that anything Axl could have done would have stunned Slash.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

sounded to me like they were playing around

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

no that was in slashs book as well...Axl told Slash's grandma to fuckoff cuz axl was passed out on her couch and she asked axl to go sleep in the basement bedroom or something...whilst driving Slash asked axl to appologise cuz slash's grandma was letting him crash for free...axl told slash off and jumped out of the car

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Axl never told Slash off, Slash wrote that Axl looked upset after Slash brought up that he had offended his Gran, then jumped out the car without warning.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

ooops!  man i gotta stop quoting that book until i get it back 16

Board footer