You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Axl Rose Speaks to Billboard

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

you can be nice and honest at the same time

Yes, you can be, but it's not always the most effective way to make a point.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

[although you're the first person i've noticed say that bucket is more suited as a solo artist.

I said that immediately when I was introduced to BHs solo work.  It's far, far superior to anything he did in GnR.  It was further proof that he didn't fit in with the band.

well karma for you then
next time - speak up!

for the record, i think his contributions fit well in gnr but it's not as "magical" as slash's work was.

compare bucket head's solo to slash's
then compare slash's gnr work to bucket's

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
madagas wrote:

"But the album has sold 2.6 million copies worldwide, according to Universal -- a number that counts only retail purchases -- and the company plans to start promoting another single soon."

hardly a failure commercially....just sayin.

It may not be a complete flop... Not trying to only include US but 573,000 is not really that good either. I wouldn't hold my breath for this "next single" either..  Stick a fork in CD, it's done.

"We feel that, unfortunately, we've never been really anything all that much more other than a throw it at the wall, see if it sticks, no real ground work, something to take advantage of, last quarter, cook the books, write-off, fuck this headache, hoping to get lucky scam. And, unfortunately, for all their nice words and assurances, nothing that's happened since the week or so before the release has shown us much of anything to the contrary. So at least in regard to the U.S., for the most part I don't look at it like we have a record company -- I look at it for the most part like we have friendly but otherwise cutthroat loan sharks,"

I think this is what it boils down to, the label just gave up on GnR & sabotaged the album. Rightfully so, in a way. I'm not blaming the label for the lack of sales & publicity & airplay. But I think they weathered the storm on the $13 million, got a little back from the BB deal, and put it out there & let the chips fall where they may as far as record sales. If it sells it sells, if not not.  Uni has other artists they can push. No need to help the guy who's banged them around for 14 years..

war

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

you can be nice and honest at the same time

Yes, you can be, but it's not always the most effective way to make a point.

a point as in a sharp weapon that you try to stab the other with

or

one that makes the other person stop and consider your view?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

[although you're the first person i've noticed say that bucket is more suited as a solo artist.

I said that immediately when I was introduced to BHs solo work.  It's far, far superior to anything he did in GnR.  It was further proof that he didn't fit in with the band.

well karma for you then
next time - speak up!

for the record, i think his contributions fit well in gnr but it's not as "magical" as slash's work was.

compare bucket head's solo to slash's
then compare slash's gnr work to bucket's

I'd take Slash's work in GnR over BHs and I'd take BH's solo work over Slash's (and I doubt that Slash's solo album would be mindblowing enough to change that).

I did speak up about BH - I think it got lost in my rants that people like to argue about instead of discussing something they actually agreed with.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I'm in full acceptance that some people are always gonna prefer the old band.  I'm well aware of that.  Everyone has the right to voice their opinions, no one's trying to stop you from doing so.  We may not see eye to eye, EVER, but to each his own.  Sure the band is evolving, I just don't see it evolving back to the AFD days/sound.  I guess you can stick around and wait for that if you'd like. 

I used to be a BIG Pearl Jam fan.  They were my 2nd favorite band back in the day, and nearly surpassed GNR in the mid 90's when GNR was entering their dormant stage.  But with each Pearl Jam album the quality lessened for me.  I stuck with them through Binaural but only liked a couple songs on their last few albums so I gave up being a dedicated fan then.  But I don't feel the need to go on to Pearl Jam fansites and tell everyone how much their music has gone downhill over the years and how they should revert back to "Ten", "Vitalogy", and "Verses". 

I went to see them in concert last year for the first time and they were AWESOME!  I fully recommend and hope they come back around sometime soon.  I'll be there.

war

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I did speak up about BH - I think it got lost in my rants that people like to argue about instead of discussing something they actually agreed with.

yeah i was just kidding about the speaking up part.

i'm sure i wasn't on the board yet when this happened.

i'm glad we see eye to eye on the slash-GNR/bucket-SOLO thing. i'm not in the mood to pummel you right now.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Fuck all of you that think you have to be 100% behind CD to be interested in Axl or Guns N' Roses.  It's you guys that need to wake up to reality, not the rest of us.

That's a tad harsh.

Bri does raise some valid points. Not about YOU specifically, but regarding all these fan communities. However, its always been like this. You have the various 'factions' at each others throats. There's even factions within factions. The main difference now is the album is out. To make matters even worse in that regard, pipe dreams are being destroyed. The album didn't do much damage in relation to pop culture like had been predicted for years, and a reunion isn't on the horizon either.

So basically these sites went from one state of flux to another, destination unknown. I can see why activity is down at all these sites. It's mainly just the hardcore of hardcores hanging in at this point.

It's like its not even about the music anymore, and I'm not even sure if it ever was during this Chinese Democracy era. Most seemed to be more interested in the making of it and all the bullshit not just behind the scenes, but the past as well.

Chinese Democracy is on shelves
Slash is doing a solo album
Duff has his hands full with Loaded
Izzy will probably release something
Buckethead releases a new album every five minutes

So why isn't anyone happy? 14

In reality, this is the most productive that current and ex members have ever been since the old band's implosion.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I'm not sure but did anyone catch the reply someone made who called themselves "Jarmo".. Pretty funny as an inside joke, one repyer didn't get it. Anyway they wrote:

/Jarmo 
Jarmo says:Today, 9:36:25 AM“
Axl, stop holding a grudge and reunite with Slash. You are only screwing yourself. 

/Jarmo

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'm happy James. I got a new GNR CD and a now ANOTHER new Bucket CD. Slaughterhouse, here I come.

Board footer