You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Re: GNR among top 20 best selling records of 08

Coma wrote:

03. Various Artists - "Mamma Mia! The Movie Soundtrack Featuring The Songs Of ABBA"
COMMON!!!...*puke*....im alright....NO IM NOT! COMMON!!....*puke*...ITS SAD YOU KNOW !?.....OH COMMON!!!!!!!!!!!! .....*puke*...*puke.....*death*...*hell*...*come back from the hell*...COMMON!!!...*puke*..... 17 17 17 4 4

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

i have one question, is this top 20 based on "over the counter" actual sales or "shipped units"?

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

The three major rock acts on that chart are AC/DC, Metallica and GN'R. The difference between each of their albums (besides the really long wait for Chi Dem). They were promoted well. Metallica had videos out two-three weeks before. They did that Mission Metallica thing etc. AC/DC got very good promotion from Rock Band and their single took off because well everyone missed a good ol' AC/DC single after eight years of not having one. In the UK Chi Dem had no store displays and besides from the radio(which is alright promotion but not enough) and one TV ad that you rarely saw, there was NO PROMOTION.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
supaplex wrote:

i have one question, is this top 20 based on "over the counter" actual sales or "shipped units"?

i've sent out an email....lets see if i can get an answer for you supa smile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Neemo wrote:
supaplex wrote:

i've sent out an email....lets see if i can get an answer for you supa smile

supaplex, this email reply is from the person in charge of compiling the info @ IFPI big_smile digital and physical sales...not shipments, pretty impressive

The figures reflect sold units, not shipments.  It includes sales through all digital retailers selling the album, but the figures are collected through the companies, not the retailers, so we don’t have a breakdown.  I am afraid we don’t have a separate list of physical-only sales.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

14, not bad actually.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Considering all we've heard from people with agendas how much of an utter failure CD has been, I'd have to say I was really surprised to see this. Yes, U.S. sales have sucked, but GNR has always been an international band.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

In your face Taylor Swift 16

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Another wrote:

03. Various Artists - "Mamma Mia! The Movie Soundtrack Featuring The Songs Of ABBA"
COMMON!!!...*puke*....im alright....NO IM NOT! COMMON!!....*puke*...ITS SAD YOU KNOW !?.....OH COMMON!!!!!!!!!!!! .....*puke*...*puke.....*death*...*hell*...*come back from the hell*...COMMON!!!...*puke*..... 17 17 17 4 4

I bought a copy of CD for a friend of mine whose birthday was Nov. 23rd.  She's not a GNR fan, but she told me she enjoyed about half the CD and it was growing on her.  After a few months though I asked her if she was still listening to it and she told me she'd listen to it at the gym but she was now listening to the Mama Mia soundtrack more often.  I'd have to say, that's more her style from the start.  I thought I could change her for the better once and for all, but it was not to be.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

One has to wonder if Rihanna's Richard's side-project beside GN'R, or GN'R is the side-project and he's Rihanna's guitarist...

Board footer