You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Tommy says GNR tour hopefully to be announced

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

To be honest, short of maybe a couple of dates in big cities like NYC & LA...

I'm glad I went in 2006.

I don't think we'll see a North American tour in a LONG time... if ever - again. The U.S. has made it clear - not interested.

I don't think Axl and the guys would just give up on the US and exclusively tour overseas because sales haven't been all that great over here.  They may start overseas to help build some hype, but I think they'll be back.  The 06 tour did fairly well in the US.  They may try to narrow down to the larger markets, although they sort of did that in a sense back then.  They didn't play in CT so I had to catch them at MSG, which was F'ING Awesome!

Sky Dog wrote:

Gnr could still do a 4-5,000 seat theatre tour in the US.....EASY.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Someone I "know" works for a company that does lighting for shows, and they have bid on the GNR tour.

That's ALL I've heard. He's not an insider, just a dude who works in the industry. Just like if you asked me some inside info about the newspaper industry, I could give it to you.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Anyone have figures on how the 06 tour sold compared to size of venues?  I know they only sold out a few dates, the larger cities, but I thought for the most part they sold pretty well throughout.

Sales would probably be down now anyway due to the economy but there's no use in waiting for that to turn around.

faldor

faldor wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Someone I "know" works for a company that does lighting for shows, and they have bid on the GNR tour.

That's ALL I've heard. He's not an insider, just a dude who works in the industry. Just like if you asked me some inside info about the newspaper industry, I could give it to you.

They bid on the tour, or they bid on IF they tour?

That's cool.  I'm sure preliminary plans are being worked on.  If they end up being finalized is a whole other story which we've seen time and time again.  So we'll just have to sit tight.  I'd say nothing is close at this point, at least not close to being public knowledge.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Wow. Replacements are insane for turning down Coachella. Decent chunk of change, and that one show would have likely satisfied long time fans. THEN they could close the door on the band.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I dont think this means much, all he said was he hopes there will be a tour. The "dates haven't been anounced" but was added by the article to imply his hope is currently amounting to nothing.

So it all adds up to exactly what Axl has said....they're talking of it and would enjoy it - but there are currently no fixed plans.

Sky Dog wrote:
faldor wrote:

Anyone have figures on how the 06 tour sold compared to size of venues?  I know they only sold out a few dates, the larger cities, but I thought for the most part they sold pretty well throughout.

Sales would probably be down now anyway due to the economy but there's no use in waiting for that to turn around.

they averaged 8400 a night on the NA tour in 2006.....about 8600 a night on the 2002 NA tour. They are still a viable touring entity. Like I said, 4-5000 seat theatre tour in most cities...a few arena shows in some big cities where they have a proven track record in 2006 and 2002. Every artist doesn't sell out arenas and stadiums....Gnr fans, especially old ones, are very spoiled and out of touch with the reality of most artists in the music industry.:/

Sky Dog wrote:

Oh, and this article again proves that the ONLY band member in new Gnr that the media cares about is Tommy....not Buckethead, not Robin, none of them....just Tommy.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

Oh, and this article again proves that the ONLY band member in new Gnr that the media cares about is Tommy....not Buckethead, not Robin, none of them....just Tommy.

Only reason Bucket isn't getting any attention is because he obviously doesn't care and is content doing his own thing on a small scale.

If he floated a trial balloon to the media about discussing Axl and Chinese Democracy, press would be on it like flies on shit.

I do agree with you that Tommy is the only person in the current line up that the media and public in general care about.

Board footer