You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: "Died in my arms" - Slash & Todd Crew

polluxlm wrote:

I've been rereading his autobiography lately for a little project we got going. He's definitely not at fault, by I can totally see why somebody would want to believe that in connection to this event.

He basically lacks self awareness. On one page he's berating somebody for unprofessionalism and on the next he's bragging about how he was too drunk on a show to play Jungle. Then he talks about hitting somebody deliberately with his car, thinking it's all a big joke.

He was pretty much an egoistical parasite when he was with Guns, at least when he got high (which seem to have been every day).

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That's how it comes across to me too poll, after reading the autobiography from beginning to end. There's couple of stories in there where Slash tells it straight imo, but otherwise he seems like a major overexaggerator, and is totally self-absorbed.

Honestly, I think he shot himself in the foot with that book. Not helped himself.

Slash just came across like a big kid in the book. But not the lovable kind... the one that needs to be bent over a knee and spanked 'til it bleeds.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Yeah I hated Slash's book

There are two big time drug books I've read, Slash's and Anthony Kiedis.

Anthony's is really honest and just heartbreakingly brutal whereas Slash comes off as one of those bragger spoiled please Shut The Fuck Up u think this is cool but its really lame and pathetic types.

U know the guy that gets in front of a group of people and talks himself up like he is the greatest at everything.

I hate his book but that doesn't change my affinity for him as a musician.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

yeah. he comes off as spoiled. for sure!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

loved the book....i devoured it in a couple days....do i admire him for things he wrote about in his book? no. but it was agreat look into his life and his persepctive on a band that i love

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

In the event of a drug overdose, the only party at fault is the person who ingested the drugs.

I agree James, but what if,like the jetboy guys said, Slash shot him up.
There's been people charged with 2nd degree murder for that kinda stuff.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think "laws" really concern James.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Do they Concern anyone Axlin? 16
Just saying, wonder how the general public would take it if they found out their hero murdered a guy.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i disagree with the sentiments that he murdered someone

i dont think many of us can fully understand how the situation occured...besides its not like the incident is a secret, its in slash's book which is a ny times best seller

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

It's not murder.

The biggest thing you'd love to charge Slash with is being a greasy slimeball.

The guy that uses the experience to sell a book. "He died in my arms"... roll

Board footer