You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Re: European tour in the works?

Paxcow wrote:

i hate festival concerts though..... i didn't go when they played inland invasion because of that. it's really hot inland, and they do that shit during the summer. i went to one inland invasion when it was the punk rock one, with like, X, sex pistols, vandals, gbh....all that shit. but it was so hot that fires were breaking out and people were just hanging out under the few tents that were up trying not to faint from the heat. it sucked.
basically, gnr better do a show in southern california or i'm gonna go mental. i've told del already.
and fuck the rest of the world, it's all about america! just kidding. but really, they have to tour america or that will be a slap in the face imo.

Sky Dog wrote:
alexh0618 wrote:

yea that's true. If Finck is gone, count me out. It's not that I like the guy so much, but now you have replacements of replacements of replacements in GNR.

and what is wrong with just going to see Axl?

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

At this point its pretty obvious Finck will no longer be involved. Everyone should have realized that when he joined NIN in early 08.

Only way the US gets dates this year is if we get the usual warm up shows. I still think they should beg for a slot on Lollapalooza.

Lollapalooza would take Axl's orchestra in a heartbeat.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If they did release another single, video, maybe they'll do it while on a European tour, setting up a North American leg and finally promote the tour and album properly.

Or...Could it... Possibly... Be... Monsters Of Rock 2..... Metallica/GNR... 11

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
madagas wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

At this point its pretty obvious Finck will no longer be involved. Everyone should have realized that when he joined NIN in early 08.

Only way the US gets dates this year is if we get the usual warm up shows. I still think they should beg for a slot on Lollapalooza.

Lollapalooza would take Axl's orchestra in a heartbeat.

Yes they would.  And I would definitely go see them when they come near Seattle! 9

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

If they did release another single, video, maybe they'll do it while on a European tour, setting up a North American leg and finally promote the tour and album properly.

Or...Could it... Possibly... Be... Monsters Of Rock 2..... Metallica/GNR... 11

They sure are taking their sweet time on releasing a 3rd single.  By all accounts, "Better" has run its course.  Or are we still waiting for the long lost video?  Can they really wait to release a single until they tour in the summer, if that is indeed the case?

faldor

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah it's kind of strange how that all went down.  Never a word on the situation from Robin himself.  Will we ever hear from him?  Only in GNR.  If this is NIN last tour for awhile, what will Robin do when that's over?  Would he want to come back to GNR?  Would they want him back?  Or do they try to find a permanent replacement for him right now?

I too would love to see them tour the US, BUT I think it's the smartest move to tour overseas first.  Not that Axl doesn't want to or care about touring the US, but he made it clear that they weren't getting the support from the record company since the albums release in the states.  So why would the record company all of a sudden bend over backwards to send them out to tour?  Maybe a successful run of shows overseas could turn things around.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
alexh0618 wrote:

yea that's true. If Finck is gone, count me out. It's not that I like the guy so much, but now you have replacements of replacements of replacements in GNR.

So you haven't realised yet that GNR is just another NIN?

faldor

faldor wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
alexh0618 wrote:

So you haven't realised yet that GNR is just another NIN?

I don't think that's Axl's intention.  I don't think he wanted to lose Bucket and/or Robin.  And I don't think he wants a revolving door of musicians coming and going.  That's just ended up happening.  That being said, Axl could be playing with Jimi Hendrix's corpse and I'd be there loving every minute of it.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:
alexh0618 wrote:

and what is wrong with just going to see Axl?

EVERYTHING! 14

Board footer