You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: European tour in the works?

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

I don't think that's Axl's intention.  I don't think he wanted to lose Bucket and/or Robin.  And I don't think he wants a revolving door of musicians coming and going.

Doesn't this all speak volumes?  He didn't want to lose Izzy, Slash, BH, Robin, possibly others...once again, what is the common bond here?  Why do you think all of these musicians left?

Obviously Axl's not the easiest guy to work with.  I don't think anyone will dispute that.  He works on his own timetable, while most if not all of the guys who left like to work much more consistently.  I think that's probably the root of everything, and I'd have to think he knows that to a point.  So he knows the risk he runs by going at his own pace.  Guys may get fed up with it and leave.  Maybe he's alright with that, or maybe he thought THESE guys were different. 

It seems like Buckethead just wasn't a match from the beginning.  He's an amazing player and gave us some great stuff in his short time, but it seems he just loves to play and stay active and he doesn't seem to be fit for the big time.  No offense meant there, just seems like he's more comfortable playing for smaller, more intimate crowds, for dedicated fans.  Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Robin had another big name band to fall back on so I'm assuming he saw that as a more appealing option.  Maybe Axl didn't expect him to feel that way but in the end Robin may have just had enough of the waiting.  All you can do is speculate since he's never given his side of the story.  It doesn't appear that it was a messy breakup as the door has always been open for him to return.

Tommy has resisted reuninting with The Replacements all these years and apparently that won't happen.  The others don't have any major acts to leave GNR for, so it wouldn't be a smart move for them to disband.  They're in a good spot though as they can work on side projects during downtime and it doesn't look like they're not committed to the band.  Guys have to work.  I think Axl's beginning to understand that.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

To use Robin in the same argument as Izzy, Slash or Duff is plain dumb. Robin have been there since 1998 with a year off touring with NIN. If he wanna leave after 10 years then let him and stop blaming Axl for him leaving. 10 years is more than enough to put up a good argument as to why Axl is indeed acceptable to work with in the first place.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
DCK wrote:

To use Robin in the same argument as Izzy, Slash or Duff is plain dumb. Robin have been there since 1998 with a year off touring with NIN. If he wanna leave after 10 years then let him and stop blaming Axl for him leaving. 10 years is more than enough to put up a good argument as to why Axl is indeed acceptable to work with in the first place.

He wasnt really "working" with him for 10 yrs tho was he... How many hours in total did those guys spend in the same room

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Let's open the can of worms...

Bucketheads current tour dates:

Friday May 22, 2009
Summer Camp Festival
Chillicothe, IL

Thursday June 4, 2009
Wakarusa Festival
Ozark, AR

Saturday July 11, 2009
All Good Music Festival
Masontown, WV

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

festival tour anyone?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I don't see how they relate.

I actually will probably skip Bucket this tour unless he brings along a full band. The iPod show, I've seen it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

I don't think that's Axl's intention.  I don't think he wanted to lose Bucket and/or Robin.  And I don't think he wants a revolving door of musicians coming and going.

Doesn't this all speak volumes?  He didn't want to lose Izzy, Slash, BH, Robin, possibly others...once again, what is the common bond here?  Why do you think all of these musicians left?

The musicians left because they like MAKING money, not SPENDING money, and they want to do stuff. Be active.

I don't think it's personal.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

neither do i

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

The musicians left because they like MAKING money, not SPENDING money, and they want to do stuff. Be active.

I don't think it's personal.

Right, that's basically what I was trying to say.  But you did it much more succinctly.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm pretty sure they were making money as they were contract employees.  It has nothing to do with the money.

Board footer