You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Question About UK Singles?

AtariLegend wrote:

Where's the "Better" single...? (In The UK)

It's been almost 5 months since the last single "Chinese Democracy"... no wonder the sales are so fucked here.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

It was released at the same time as the US, radio 1 played it a few times that I heard. After a week the song was already edited down in length rather crudely.

I dont know if it was released for retail as a single though, I think I remember seeing it in the charts but I'm not sure.
GNR got some good promotion in the UK but they never followed it up with anything at all and the album sank. Just another wasted opportunity.

AtariLegend wrote:

I only heard it (Better) a few times around the time the album came out on "Kerrang", "Absolute" and during the full album plays.

I never heard it on the "BBC" stations even though they were probably the least negative on it.

If it was released already it was the stupid marketing move in history.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Radio 1 played it quite a bit but it it just sloped off the radar. If there was band activity and a tour in the works they could have milked the public enthusiasm for a while and pushed the singles, but because it became clear there was going to be no involvement of GN'R with the release, it just got swept under the carpet.

I believe there could be a 2nd wind for the album, its not as though the album has been milked very much after all, there is still a lot of quality on it. Once a tour is in the works and they start playing some successful shows I wouldnt be suprised to see it rising up the charts again.

AtariLegend wrote:

The singles/download charts here are low, so you're right, just a few thousand copies for a hit single...:P

Board footer