You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Slash Basically Blaming Axl

Axlin16 wrote:

Because he's forced to address the dissolving of the old band, and the building of the new one.

Obviously he will always be identified with the old era, like Dizzy, because they were both apart of it.

The man probably has a shit load to get off his chest, and alot of pinned up anger and hate over the situation. Instead of refusing interviews back in the late 90's so much, he should've been granting them left and right, and talking about his feelings towards him then, like Slash was towards him, so it was all out in the open and public knowledge. He also should've participated in the Behind The Music.

Instead, he waited. So when Axl Rose finally decided to go back out and tell his side and all that shit, he waited so long that people lost interest in caring a long time ago. His diehard Gunner fans that would've cared, wrote him off a decade ago as a lunatic asshole who killed the REAL GN'R.

All he's got now is the new era fans, the CD fans, that's stuck with the album "through all the fuckin' shit", and instead of talking about what caters to the audience who's reading his current interviews, he's talking about a subject that only caters to a long lost audience he hasn't had for years, which is a double-edged sword. It pisses off new era fans, because they don't give a fuck, and it makes old era fans who do pick up the interview, grow even more hate and contempt for him.

Axl probably thinks in his mind, that he's justifying to the fan base, that GN'R are better off removed from Slash... instead of just letting sleeping dogs lie. No matter what Axl says, he will never be able to justify the departure of an iconic guitarist. No matter how many excuses Mick Jagger could come up with, he'd never justify forcing Keith Richards out of the Stones. Never. This is something Axl has to grasp. It's never going to add up, it's never going to make sense. It just isn't.

Instead he sits back and does this - "let me tell you why I don't like Slash, and why you shouldn't either". That's never gonna work. Especially when Slash's book, although very critical and some bullshit-ish of Axl, still made an overwhelming effort to praise Axl as a musician and performer, much more so than I though was necessary, and this is coming from a recovering Axlite.

At this point it's a dead horse, and he needs to just save it for a book, because interviews are being wasted for Slash garbage. Axl could be sitting there talking about the album's production, what he liked, what he hated, what's to come, what the new members really brought to the table, and how he really likes [insert band member] work on [...].

AtariLegend wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

So why is he attacking Slash and not talking CD?

Axlin08 wrote:

Because he's forced to address the dissolving of the old band, and the building of the new one.

I think this and the fact that people want to ask him about it.

Go read the MYGNR chat, Axl didn't dodge anything important and the same with the billboard interview. As for the Del James interview, those are probably 90 % of the questions he would be asked anyway.

Alot of the fans on these forums seem to have an obsession with a reunion and so does the media, so he felt the need to get it across, that he doesn't want to be apart of it.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed, and I think another contributing fact is that reunions are HUGE business right now and hot, and Axl also employed the king of reunions for GNR's manager.

It was bound to become a fore-front issue, even in 2008/09.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Instead he sits back and does this - "let me tell you why I don't like Slash, and why you shouldn't either". That's never gonna work.

Good post, Axlin. But one of the main problems with Axl's Slash Bash Fest, beside being late, is that he never gives an explanation for his hate. He does not say that 'this and that happened, so Slash is a cancer'. He only says the latter that further proves for the most of us, that Axl is full of shit. I don't say that the others would be angels, no they are not, but none of the sank as low as Axl, who clearly lost all his credibility, both in the music business and among his own fans. As much as I loved Axl years back, I can't say I'm a fan of him anymore.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

axl isn't crazy.

Probably not, which actually makes it worse, now he's just a big giant douche...

I'm sorta in the same position as mikkamakka... I used to be a huge fan (of Axl as well as Slash) but I just can't bring myself to respect him as a person or musician anymore. Sad really, how one can lose that much goodwill.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Instead he sits back and does this - "let me tell you why I don't like Slash, and why you shouldn't either". That's never gonna work.

Good post, Axlin. But one of the main problems with Axl's Slash Bash Fest, beside being late, is that he never gives an explanation for his hate. He does not say that 'this and that happened, so Slash is a cancer'. He only says the latter that further proves for the most of us, that Axl is full of shit. I don't say that the others would be angels, no they are not, but none of the sank as low as Axl, who clearly lost all his credibility, both in the music business and among his own fans. As much as I loved Axl years back, I can't say I'm a fan of him anymore.

it was prolly more of a thing where at the time Axl and Slash were totally at odds, as years go by the wounds heal and you forget why you were mad, but when you think about it years later the ghost of the feeling is still there  even if you dont remember why...now that Axl is getting interviewed about it it's kinda bringing back feelings but not necessarily reasons? or reasons that may seem petty now 14 years later. But still on general preinciple he doesnt wanna put himself in a position to go through it again...and we all know how stubborn redheads can be 16

also i dont think that enimity is as bad as the interviews make it out to be, we all know (or should) by now that its very easy to misread "tone of voice" in typeset. if i say fuck you, how do you know i'm joking or pissed off? you dont unless you hear my tone of voice

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Good point Neemo. There are people that i've estranged myself from in my life, that I still have alot of contempt and anger for, and for just reasons, but as time goes on the hate lives and the memory fades.

If someone asked me to name specific situations where they did me wrong, I could name a few, but not near all of them. Unlike Axl, I haven't been keeping a diary of people's comments for 20 years (like when Izzy said that Axl said to him... in 1982, you said... and Izzy was like WTF 16 )

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe Axl just needs to fire his shrink, because its obvious they have failed.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

axl needs to realise his mortality and get over it and get a life..
bury it and move on ffs...ive seen bullies i had at skool who I dont exactly wanna kill and butcher just yet.. I doubt anything Slash did was that bad in anyone elses eyes, but this is axl here we are talking..  I`d hedge a bet it was absolutely fuck all...
get over it like a man

AtariLegend wrote:

People go on all the time about Slash not pointing the finger, then when they get a video... it turns into an Axl bash fest.

Board footer