You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Slash Basically Blaming Axl

Bono wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

People go on all the time about Slash not pointing the finger, then when they get a video... it turns into an Axl bash fest.

Slash is hardly pointing a  finger. Just saying how it likely was. CD era Gn'R is all the proof we need to know Slash  had every right not to wanna  sit around and  do fuck all.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

we KNOW slash's opinon on the breakup...we have for years...but now that Axl is talking all he gives is vague insinuations

as for the past...yeah Slash did blame it mostly on Axl....but in recent years Slash seems to have pretty much turned the other cheek

AtariLegend wrote:
Bono wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

People go on all the time about Slash not pointing the finger, then when they get a video... it turns into an Axl bash fest.

Slash is hardly pointing a  finger. Just saying how it likely was. CD era Gn'R is all the proof we need to know Slash  had every right not to wanna  sit around and  do fuck all.

Start a poll and see if anyone likes "Chinese Democracy".

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Bono wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

What the fuck? Start your own poll.  Deal with it man. Slash isn't saying anything in these video clips that isn't likely true? Would you have prefered Slash waited untill 2008 to do anything?  I don't  give a fuck who likes CD and it wouldn't change the fact Slash wanted to be a musician not a damn recluse.  Boo fucking hoo Slash said Axl wanted to sit around and do nothing. Seems pretty obvious that's what he was doing. If anyone takes offence to anything Slash has said in these video clips they are clearly an Axl nutswinger. How you can be pissed of by anything he's said here is beyond me.

AtariLegend wrote:
Bono wrote:

If anyone takes offence to anything Slash has said in these video clips they are clearly an Axl nutswinger. How you can be pissed of by anything he's said here is beyond me.

Bono wrote:

Slash isn't saying anything in these video clips that isn't likely true?

The point of the video, was to show that Slash has pointed the finger.

Bono wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Bono wrote:

CD era Gn'R is all the proof we need to know Slash  had every right not to wanna  sit around and  do fuck all.

What the fuck? Start your own poll.

My own personal opinion is that I prefer "Chinese Democracy" to all of Slash post GNR era output, That was my point.

Bono wrote:

I don't  give a fuck who likes CD and it wouldn't change the fact Slash wanted to be a musician not a damn recluse.

The tone of your posts suggest you believe no one should give a fuck, well some people do.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

CD is Zeppelin II compared to ANYTHING the old band members have put out since the old era GN'R.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

CD is Zeppelin II compared to ANYTHING the old band members have put out since the old era GN'R.

In your opinion.  The success of the other projects says differently.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Beautiful Disease.. i disagree...still hands down the best solo album from em all.
my opinion of course.. and some guy on ebay who paid a pretty penny for promo copy..
not forgetting the petition

I have stopped listening to C.D really now, only the 3 tracks i have on my playlist i still listen to, the rest i dont miss.  Its not bad, I just lost interest

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

In your opinion.  The success of the other projects says differently.

they didnt take 15 yrs to make 1 cd.. interesting to see what it would be like if they had  tho

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I don't agree with that, but I'm curious to know what you'd think if you were to compare it to a best 14 songs from any of the other guys.  A best of Slash, Duff, or Izzy 94-2008.  Treated like that was the only music they had put out for the last 15 years.

Would you be able to piece together something like that that you think would stand up to CD?

I ask that to Axlin or anyone else that feels the same way.  I posed that question to somebody in real life and they thought it was an interesting way to look at it.

I do like CD better than both VR or Snakepit albums (although once it gets some more longevity on it, who knows).  But I can pick and choose songs from those 4 albums to make an album that I'd like more than CD.

Board footer