You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Guns N Roses planning Summer '09 tour?

buzzsaw wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The first 2 acts are bigger than new gnr is.  Won't happen.

What does that have to do with anything?

Axl won't play unless he's going last - if he does go last, nobody will be left to see them 3 hours after Aerosmith plays.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

He was willing to open for the Stones before Keef fell out of that coconut tree. So I don't think he has a problem with not going on last.

Opening for U2 would be huge.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i think it would be best for gnr if axl sucks up a little pride and takes an opening gig that would expose him to many potential new fans.

i don't know if the u2 gig is the right one for that but what do i know.

u2 fans are an older bunch, mostly, aren't they?
they already know whether or not they like gnr.
gnr needs exposure to a broader audience if axl wants to be huge again.

on the other hand, it makes sense in the name of the mighty dollar.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Nah, they have a pretty big following of young fans. Their fanbase is really broad.

Just found this:

Exclusive: Paul McGuinness on U2's World Tour

March 04, 2009

Source: Hot Press

Paul McGuinness has been talking to Hot Press about the imminent announcement of U2's world tour, which is likely to include three Croke Park stop-offs in July.

"This is going to be a very big tour, the biggest shows we've ever done," he reveals. "We're going to play stadiums only. Football stadiums. That excludes, for instance, baseball stadiums because the production that we've designed is 360 degrees. It's a stage with the audience on all sides."

Let the speculation and setting up for disappointment begin.  16

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

There is more competition for tickets from fans with bigger headlining bands, so less chance of GN'R fans getting tickets with more people interested. Bands like U2 sell out in minutes.

Having an option for fans to sign up somewhere to stand a better chance would be nice.

Also I read somewhere that The Rolling Stones might be having an autumn US tour.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Nah, they have a pretty big following of young fans. Their fanbase is really broad.

Just found this:

Exclusive: Paul McGuinness on U2's World Tour

March 04, 2009

Source: Hot Press

Paul McGuinness has been talking to Hot Press about the imminent announcement of U2's world tour, which is likely to include three Croke Park stop-offs in July.

"This is going to be a very big tour, the biggest shows we've ever done," he reveals. "We're going to play stadiums only. Football stadiums. That excludes, for instance, baseball stadiums because the production that we've designed is 360 degrees. It's a stage with the audience on all sides."

Let the speculation and setting up for disappointment begin.  16

This would be the only way I would ever see U2.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

^^ x2 5

misterID

misterID wrote:

I think it would be a pretty killer show. 9

From what I gather this is going to be a pretty elaborate stage set up. And there's also going to be some affordable tickets along with some high ticket prices. The more I think the more it makes sense that they would bring in a band like GNR to open for a big stadium tour.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i love u2 but wasn't really impressed when i saw them live

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

GNR is NOT gonna open for U2, what are you guys smokin'?

Board footer