You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Guns N Roses planning Summer '09 tour?

James wrote:

Axl Rose intends to follow last November’s release of Chinese Democracy with a worldwide Guns n’ Roses stadium tour this summer, according to industry insiders. If it comes to pass, the tour would mark the first U.S. stadium dates for the current line-up of Guns — their 2002 and 2006-’07 tours were arena outings, with some overseas stadium shows. (And contrary to one persistent online rumor, the band has absolutely no plans of playing Spain’s Kobetasonik Festival this June.)

Meanwhile, Guns’ manager, Irving Azoff, tells Rolling Stone that the band has big plans for this year. “Axl has been basically quiet, keeping out of the limelight for almost 15 years. People think they know him but they only really only know what has been said about him by questionable people,” Azoff says. “He is a good guy and often misunderstood — he is a professional who has worked very hard to build and maintain a high creative standard for Guns n’ Roses, which I support. We have some exciting things in the works this year for Gn’R, I’m looking forward to it.”

Since the release of Chinese Democracy in November 2008, Rose has mostly remained silent, speaking to fans via a message board and two interviews. Regarding the possibility of a large-scale tour, Axl told Billboard, “No plans, but there’s talk. Management and our promoters are really excited with the offers coming in both here and worldwide.”

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i … dium-tour/

James

James wrote:

Interesting that they're going the stadium route. Hopefully we see a list of scheduled dates soon.

Maybe the Slash fest is drawing to a close.

Thank God.....

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Does that mean they'll start the tour in the US?  I would've thought they'd start overseas where the album is actually selling very well.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Interesting that they're going the stadium route. Hopefully we see a list of scheduled dates soon.

Thank God.....

Yeah stadiums seem like an odd choice.  I mean it won't look so good if they get 8,000 people into a 60,000 seat stadium.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

That could mean less shows though, so more tickets might get sold for fewer concerts. I hope they dont just play England if they come to the UK.

Wow, good news at last. A stadium show might mean a good supporting act also.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

Azoff says. “He is a good guy and often misunderstood"

classic - the last paragraph of everythnig officially from gnr always includes something defending axl.

"And contrary to one persistent online rumor, the band has absolutely no plans of playing Spain’s Kobetasonik Festival this June.)"

also classic - every time somone speaks officially on gnr's behalf it includes telling us what they don't have planned.

this pending tour is unfolding like the last ones:
from the hip and in almost complete secrecy

James

James wrote:
faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Thank God.....

Yeah stadiums seem like an odd choice.  I mean it won't look so good if they get 8,000 people into a 60,000 seat stadium.

It can work, but these shows are gonna have to be spaced out. When they hit Cali, do a night in LA and a night in SF or Oakland.

Its when they start trying to schedule multiple nights in cities or have the shows too close together that its gonna turn into a disaster.

Since Azoff is aboard this train we might not see the previous bad touring strategies.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

They have to be doing a co-headlining type deal. I see no way, as much as I LOVE this band, that they could do a stadium tour. I just can't see it.

James

James wrote:

If they want sellouts, GNR is gonna have to become U2 and start actually promoting this record, and talking about Slash on forums isn't promotion.

Would be interesting if they turned this into a festival of sorts.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Makes me thankful I got to see them in a smallish gig last time, great fucking atmosphere and sound.

Board footer