You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Slash Begins Recording for his Solo Album

monkeychow wrote:

Hanging out for this!

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

Eric Valentine (SMASH MOUTH, THIRD EYE BLIND, GOOD CHARLOTTE) in the producer's chair.

Not exactly the production credits I would have liked to see for this sort of thing. 

It sort of reinforces my thoughts that this will be very hit single centered, trying to recreate what Santana did a few years ago.  That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but not what I'd rather see.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

What I do like about Third Eye Blind and Good Charlotte, and Smash Mouth is the clarity of the production vs. the muddy sound on Contraband.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

Eric Valentine (SMASH MOUTH, THIRD EYE BLIND, GOOD CHARLOTTE) in the producer's chair.

Not exactly the production credits I would have liked to see for this sort of thing. 

It sort of reinforces my thoughts that this will be very hit single centered, trying to recreate what Santana did a few years ago.  That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but not what I'd rather see.

the redeeming feature concerning that guys CV is QOTSA - Songs for the Deaf. Enough said

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I just pray it shows slash's recent form.

It'd be good to for it to have some crossover style hits - but I hope one of them shows what Slash is capiable of. I know a lot of people here dont like him out side of GNR - but I do think solo wise he's done some beautiful stuff...like that solo in "Give in To Me" by Michael Jackson gave me chills back in the day...

Anyway...IMO slash's playing has returned to form in recent times....he was playing cool solo spots again on the last few VR shows (when he didnt seem to do much of it in the CB era) , that Hendrix Cover he did was mindblowing....and the playing is top notch with Alice Cooper.

I'm cool with the songs being modern radio friendly, but I do hope the guitar just goes balls out "this is what I can do motherfuckers"!

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

but guys don't you know this is just Slash being a 'media whore'!!!

Fuck 'em all Slash, just keep bringing it, I agree Monkey..I think he excels when placed outside his standard set up.
I watched him play Jelaous Guy with Ron Wood and his solo had grown men getting tears in their eyes, beautiful..

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Will this outsell CD?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

Will this outsell CD?

I doubt it.  Even though Chinese Democracy has sold far below expectations, CD sales have fallen even further since November, so it's probably not even a fair comparison at this point.  It's not a level playing field.  However, if it does outsell Chi Dem, then that would be embarassing.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think it will outsell CD tbh...Slash is gonna promote the crap out of it

I'll put it this way...remembeer Matchbox20 before Rob Thomas recorded Smooth with Santana? didnt think so...well there is bound to be at least one major single on this thing..thats my gut feeling

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Matchbox 20 was actually pretty big before Smooth.  Their first album is probably their best.  Smooth took them to a new level, but I'd bet their first album outsold CD, even when considering the different eras.

Board footer