You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: GnR holding audititons for a replacement for Robin?

Axlin16 wrote:

Actually a smarter idea, would be to get them to put their parts on the second album, and call it something other than Chinese Democracy, and just start fresh with a new album this summer, and a new lineup.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

so this is rumor #4?

Jon E. Love
Nick Sterling
Ryan Roxie
D.J. Ashba

keep em comin

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well thats why i had said before the Jon Fruscante of the Chili Peppers would be an ideal replacement for me cuz Robin seems to me like a cheap copy of him

Jon prolly wouldnt go for it though, but the chilis are still dormant

I see replacing Robin as being pretty seamless. Aside from a few hundred folks on the fan forums, I'm not sure many would even know who this guy is, or that he was ever in the band to begin with. I'm see most fans in the crowd  simply seeing it as "hey, there's another guy that's not Slash."

I really dont think Robin really added much to this band (I use "band" loosely), in terms of uniqueness or style, so I dont see it mattering all that much to most who stands in for him this go around. Axl should just call Izzy. A tour would be a good bonding experience for the two of them.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Izzy doesn't want to tour, from all accounts, so that's not a likely option.  I'll agree that the masses really could care less if Robin was in or out at this point.  It's just the hardcore GNR and NIN fans who really know who he is.  But it just continues the revolving door of guitarists, which I'm not a huge fan of.  But whatever it takes to get things moving again.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Stepvhen wrote:

On Topic: John 5 is a great player but it would be like Robin in 01 all over again (image wise).

Nah, John 5 wears what suits the occasion. MM's image was all Gothery and make-up, so he wore makeup and goth togs. It suited him to carry on that image in his solo albums, 'cause it brought some of his MM fans along. But if you look at him on various YouTube videos, he tends to favour civvies.

TBH though, I don't give a toss about image - the music transcends that (FWIW, I love Robin's work on tour and in the studio, and they'll have a hell of a job finding someone who can replicate his feel and passion).

Having said that, I kinda liked the demented carnival that was GN'R in 2002 - Axl in his baggy sports jerseys, Buckethead in his... well... bucket, Tommy in his tartan suit, and Robin dressed up like someone who'd wandered in from a Tim Burton film set. smile

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

anything short of Robin, Bucket, or Paul is ridiculous in my opinion...at least use 3 of the 5 guitarists on the album.

Board footer