You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GnR holding audititons for a replacement for Robin?

madagas wrote:

I want to see a real Chinese Democracy tour performed by bandmembers who play on the album. Is that hard to understand? I also don't give a shit if they play the classics or not.

I wouldn't say that it's hard to understand. I would say that it's not in demand. And unfortunately, 98-99% of the general fanbase DO care if they play the classics. I guarantee if they toured the U.S. this year, only playing the Chinese tracks, the tour would be aborted within the first month or 2 due to low volume ticket sales.

madagas wrote:

My world is real simple. I like the old band and I like the new band. I also don't give a flying fuck which one is more popular or which one has the most hit singles. 22

I like how some folks get so emotional over whether or not someone likes the same song(s) that they do. You notice, they'll say that they don't give a "flying fuck" either way, but their tone sure seems to suggest otherwise. 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
madagas wrote:

I like the old band and I like the new band.

Me too.  9 19

But I think what was trying to be said was that if Axl had the balls to tour AFD with a line up that didn't create it, then it follows he'd have the balls to tour CD with a line up that didn't create it. You'd previously said that touring without several CD memebers was "ridiculous", I'm just saying, based on history, that its likely that Axl wouldn't see it that way.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

As soon as Chinese Democracy hit store shelves, Robin Finck, Buckethead, Bumblefoot, Paul Tobias, Richard Fortus, Tommy Stinson, Brain, Frank Ferrer, & Chris Pitman officially became apart of the history of Guns N' Roses.

The legacy however, will always lie with the more popularized original, and Use Your Illusion lineups.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Itchy GTR wrote:

Where are the auditions being held??? I want to audition!!!!!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm sure it's 'invite only'. 16

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Itchy GTR wrote:

Oh will someone call them up and get me on the invite list!!!! I'd think I do a real good job filling in........I'll just fill in on the east-coast when they play the Madison Garden.......: )

Board footer