You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Re: GnR holding audititons for a replacement for Robin?

Stepvhen wrote:

Just thinking there. DJ Ashba (although he is a little Slash-esque) Would be the perfect fit!!
!!

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

i also heard mike lee ferkins.... he's pretty damn good....
but anything less than buckethead or fucking zakk wylde and i'll end up let down in some way...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

John 5 is awesome but he is a shredder and bumble has the shred duties covered.

to me it seems like they have:

- a shred guitarist/all rounder (bucket/bumble)
- a rhythm player (izzy/huge/richard/gilby)
- a blues guitar style lead player (slash/robin)

We know Bumble is still around, and I think Richard is as well, so this means the vacancy is really just for a bluesman - which John5 is ofcourse capiable of - but makes more sence to hire someone who specalises in that.

Someone like doug aldrich from whitesnake...or someone like that....a traditional blues style lead guitarist...as the shreddystuff is covered.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

John 5 can also do some great blues work as well.  He's really quite a diverse player, it's just the bands that he plays in that holds him back. 

John 5 will be touring with Zombie though once he releases his album later this year.  So I think it's safe to count him out.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I'd like to see Dave Navarro again. Been going through my Jane's albums lately and the guy can be a fucking god when it comes to guitar. Very distinct player.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

This 'band' functions like a soccer team. Fans are excited that who should they sign or rid of and care more about the transfer market than the actual performance.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Saikin wrote:

John 5 can also do some great blues work as well.  He's really quite a diverse player, it's just the bands that he plays in that holds him back.

Agreed....he's pretty capiable in every genre ever from what I've heard of his playing on solo records. He's amazing. So i'm sure he could play some awesome blues...but the question is...would he want to limit himself to just doing that....a role like bumbles is better suited for him - where he can do a bit of shred, a bit of rhythm...a bit of other stuff...

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

This 'band' functions like a soccer team. Fans are excited that who should they sign or rid of and care more about the transfer market than the actual performance.

LOL..there's some truth to that...although I do care about the peformance a lot...but it's true that the very concept of certain - star line ups would make me giddy. Like the involvement of someone like John 5 or Bucket or people of that ilk with Bumble makes me think happy thoughts...lol

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Lol, so what do you suggest? Always root for league leader? Should we move over to Rihanna's forum? I hear she's big this week. Sorry Axl, see you when you catch a #1 again. 16

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I'd say the team was so great in many seasons, yet they haven't achieved anything. ..So rid of the manager, Mr. Rose can't make a successful team.

Board footer