You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Otis Western
 Rep: 0 

Re: Time went by and it became a joke ...

Otis Western wrote:

Hey all. Long time GN'R fan, first time poster on a GN'R forum. I'm not saying this to stir controversy, but it's something that I have to ask. Does anyone else think this new Axl band thing is a complete fuckin joke? I was a huuuuge guns fan back in the day. I was fortunate enough to witness a couple shows during the Illusion tours, and I'm old enough to recall SCOM being a single.

I'm sorry, but this whole new wave GNR (whatever it's supposed to be) is at best laughable. Chinese Democracy was awful, quite possibly the biggest let down of an album that I have ever witnessed. I attended a show in 06/07 (cant recall) and I honestly couldn't believe that Axl had the audacity to take these group of stooges on the road and call them Guns N Roses. Slash, Izzy, and Duff were just way to intricate to the band's sound. By taking those guys out of the equation, it's impossible to have Guns N Roses.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a big fan of Axl's, but he should have just called this band something else. Especially considering the epic fail he chose to release under this legendary band's name. I can't believe the man would piss all over the legacy the way that he has. They really were a great band back in the day. I was real disappointed to hear that there wouldn't be a reunion. I'm sure I haven't re-invented the wheel with this post, but nonetheless, I'm just floored at the way Axl has chosen to make a mockery of such a legendary name.

btw, nice website you all have here.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Welcome. Yes, this site is great. It is a GNR forum though, so this "joke" is what this place is all about. You might have to get used to that.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

An addition: the best place about this site is you're able to go on an anti-Axl diatribe like yours without being censored.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, most people here are big fans of this new "stooge" band.

But welcome anyway.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:

i think that guns n roses is not a joke i think that the new musician are great i not saying that old ones are not i miss Duff and Izzy but Slash is a good guitarist people do not understand what im saying they all think Slash is God. look at what is he doing now i dont see guns in there i just a good band thats it im not saying Axl is God or guns, guns were a band not a person and they are still a band im sick of people saying Axl is fat man that do cover of the guns 2 things he is not fat at least after Rock in Rio 16 and he is in guns n roses i think more stupid but not bad just more stupid that Velvet play guns Music i didnt know that if there are 3 people form the guns doing guns songs everything  where okay just becuase they were at the original band  because if in recall correctly in Guns N roses are 8 people that are from the guns, Guns N' Roses is a name nothing else a band and a band change in time and the new members are in Guns N' Roses want it or not and a lot of people dont understand that Guns N' Roses and Queen (another example) are JUST NAMES.

and Welcome 5

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I think Axl believes in this new GN'R lineup, but it's like he wants the new band to fail with all the delays and focus on how much he hates certain ex-members etc.

I am a huge Slash fan, and the shows I saw in 2007 were some of the best rock concerts I've ever attended, in fact they might've even possibly been THE best I've attended. And if I'm a Slash fan saying that, and he won me over as I'm sure he did with many others, surely that's enough for him to get the confidence to go full steam ahead?

I think the more he prolongs it all and even the new band members start to leave, that's when it becomes a joke.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:

yeah  belongs to both because this of the new and old guns but probably youre right

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, most people here are big fans of this new "stooge" band.

But welcome anyway.

I don't think that is an accurate statement at all.

Board footer