You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Time went by and it became a joke ...

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

That's a copout Buzz because of the total membership here, most came because this site was the only site allowing discussion of leaks and sharing them. The "active" people here are what make this site, not some schmoe who signed up in 2006 to get the leaks and leave.

I'll have to say I missed that poll that asked if we were fans, so again, if you're gonna claim we aren't, then I think its inaccurate--by a clear mile.   

But you go ahead and continue to assume we all hang out here because we're not fans. I'm gonna assume people on a GNR fan site are indeed GNR fans. We'll both be happier that way.

No copout at all.  Skip EVERYBODY that joined only for the leaks for all I care - they would likely be supporting the new band anyway, right?  I would still be ahead by a landslide...it wouldn't even be close.

I assume that everybody at a GnR board loves Guns N Roses.  I'm not going to mistakenly assume that everybody likes whoever Axl hired to be Guns N Roses.  That's the difference.  I will always love Guns N Roses.  Always.  I will not always support whoever Axl hired at the moment to tour as Guns N Roses.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Another quick note - all the people that supposedly love this new band almost always say "but" right after that statement and proceed to say what they don't like about it.

Gimme a break. You can apply that to EVERY GNR record.

And who said everyone was down with the new band?

And I love the new band. Snoop around a bit, you'll see more of those posts.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Actually. the album has done pretty well, considering. Not unless your standards are ridiculously placed in a fantasy land. But seeing 500,000 (2 million world wide) albums (so far) ain't bad for a 'current' rock album, especially this album. No matter how many people want to label it a failure it isn't. The new direction, though not as successful as it would have been in 02, is not a failure and it isn't because people said no thanks.

And if you're judging by active "posting" on message boards to measure success, these boards were never deader than 03-05. It happens. There's little to talk about, except for Axl's so called interviews where he directly made oldvsnew a topic. And I guarantee you if there was news on a new leak the activity would jump.

I mean you can say no one cares..... But you sure seem to.

And when people bring up the myspace hits it always reminds me of Kartman showing up at youtube to get his internet dollars 16

"has done well considering" - the ultimate copout.  Excuses, excuses. 

There's little to talk about?  A "great" current rock album was recently released and according to you is doing phenomenomly well.  Why wouldn't all the fans - I don't know - talk about that?

I care about mirepresenting a great band that no longer exists.  I care about protecting the legacy of that band (fortunately, CD's quality and the saga involved cemented the legacy of that band as seperated the successful band from this one).  And yes, I still care what Axl Rose is doing in case he decides he wants to make listenable music again.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Buzz, go around to each message board, start a poll asking how many like or hate the new band and comeback and prove your point.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I could really care less about who's in the band. I'm the biggest Bucket fan around here, and I don't throw out those "buts" you mention. For me, it's about the music. If the music was shit, I wouldn't be here.

By your analogy, I should be a big Velvet Revovlver fan because Duff and Slash are there. I'm not. Why? The music is lame, derivative and totally uninspired to my ears. I like Izzy's solo stuff because he writes incredible songs and melodies. Who plays with him? I have no fucking clue. Who was in the Ju Ju Hounds? No fucking clue.

So, no, it's not about being fans of every single member but the sum of its parts.

misterID

misterID wrote:

What the fuck are you talking about, buzz? We've been talking about it for ten years! And where did I say it was doing phenomenomly well? You try to put more words in peoples mouths to help your argument than jarmo. And that always equals: you have a weak argument.

How are you protecting the legacy? Not to mention, why its needed, or who put you in charge of that. That's a strange stance to have.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Another quick note - all the people that supposedly love this new band almost always say "but" right after that statement and proceed to say what they don't like about it.

Gimme a break. You can apply that to EVERY GNR record.

And who said everyone was down with the new band?

And I love the new band. Snoop around a bit, you'll see more of those posts.

I didn't say everybody was down with the new band.  I know that isn't true, so I'd never say it.

I don't see a lot of "but" comments when it comes to AFD.  I don't see a lot of "but" comments with Lies or UYI either unless someone is forced to start picking songs in an elimination or something along those lines.  TSI is the only album that comes close to the criticism laid on CD, so I think you're talking apples and oranges.

misterID

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Just something to pinder for the couple people that seem to think everybody is completely on board with the new band.

There's a lot of buts about AFD, UYI. Where have you been while those albums have been discussed the 450 million times on GNR message boards? From the use of cowbell to lame lyrics.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

What the fuck are you talking about, buzz? We've been talking about it for ten years! And where did I say it was doing phenomenomly well? You try to put more words in peoples mouths to help your argument than jarmo. And that always equals: you have a weak argument.

How are you protecting the legacy? Not to mention, why its needed, or who put you in charge of that. That's a strange stance to have.

Who said I was in charge of protecting the legacy?  I didn't.  However it is something I enjoy doing and for the most part, it's pretty easy to do.  Maybe I should be in charge of it.

I was purposely exaggerating what you said - this album has not done pretty well under ANY circumstances and certainly not as the most hyped album ever.   

I didn't make the album a failure.  It is what it is.  Embrace it - the album doesn't need to be successful for you to enjoy it.  if you don't like that it was a failure, take it out on the people that made it a failure, not me.  I don't have that much clout.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Just something to pinder for the couple people that seem to think everybody is completely on board with the new band.

There's a lot of buts about AFD, UYI. Where have you been while those albums have been discussed the 450 million times on GNR message boards? From the use of cowbell to lame lyrics.

LOL - 2 examples?  Good one.  Way to prove me wrong. 

Maybe I wasn't clear.  The only people blasting AFD and UYI are doing so when forced to seek a weakness or fault.  Can you say the same about CD?  No.  The faults are so obvious from the second you look at the booklet before you even put the album on.

Board footer