You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Re: Just saw Angel Down's artwork...

Dreamline wrote:

Well, I just picked up a copy of the CD.  They didn't have it filed under Sebastian Bach, so it took my awhile to find it.  Turned out that had it on special display at one of those listening booths.  The blurb they had written above it stressed that Axl is on some of the tracks.  Anyway, they had plenty of them at the Tower Records here in Tokyo.

I probably won't get a chance to listen to it here at work, but I'm ripping it to listen to on the train ride home.

Oh, and the Japan bonus track is (Love Is) A Bitchslap (George Marino Master).

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Folks, buy the mp3 version from Amazon.com. $8.99 with no sales tax and NO DRM unlike iTunes. Plus, it automatically adds the songs to iTunes for you. They are high quality too. The first track is VBR at 274 kbps. "Back in the Saddle" featuring Axl is VBR at 294 kbps.

http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Down/dp/B00 … 007&sr=8-1

Axl, release CD man, just release it. You've still got "it" and these songs are proof of it.

Dreamline

Dreamline wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Folks, buy the mp3 version from Amazon.com. $8.99 with no sales tax and NO DRM unlike iTunes. Plus, it automatically adds the songs to iTunes for you. They are high quality too. The first track is VBR at 274 kbps. "Back in the Saddle" featuring Axl is VBR at 294 kbps.

I'm surprised they still sell mp3s online.  Sure, they're small and good for emailing/trading, but why anyone would want to pay money for compressed music is beyond my comprehension. hmm

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Dreamline wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I'm surprised they still sell mp3s online.  Sure, they're small and good for emailing/trading, but why anyone would want to pay money for compressed music is beyond my comprehension. hmm

Well, at least things are moving towards higher bit rates and eventually lossless I hope. But Amazon is a better deal than iTunes. No tax, no DRM, and lower prices. 89 cents if you want to just buy songs by themselves.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Dreamline wrote:

Well, at least things are moving towards higher bit rates and eventually lossless I hope. But Amazon is a better deal than iTunes. No tax, no DRM, and lower prices. 89 cents if you want to just buy songs by themselves.

Since I rip all my music to my hard drive and make mix mp3 cds for my car all the time, this works out just great for me.

Yeah I'm getting to the point where I don't like physical CD's anymore. However, when Chinese D. comes out I will likely buy it on CD so I can have the booklet and such.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Since I rip all my music to my hard drive and make mix mp3 cds for my car all the time, this works out just great for me.

Yeah I'm getting to the point where I don't like physical CD's anymore. However, when Chinese D. comes out I will likely buy it on CD so I can have the booklet and such.

As far as CD goes, I'll definitely buy it in physical form. At least a CD and hopefully a vinyl if they put one out.

Anyways.... usually I don't care about artwork with mp3s, but if someone turns up a good place I can download high quality artwork for this album, I'd appreciate it. I just made my purchase!

The artwork comes in the files already. If you selected iTunes as your player of choice, it adds the songs automatically to iTunes. The artwork is embedded in the files. It's high quality shit (500 x 500 or 600 x 600...one of those). Here's a screencap from my iTunes listening to Angel Down:

bachangeldowniniTunes.jpg

Dreamline

Dreamline wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Dreamline wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Well good point on the no DRM, low price, etc.  I'm just saying that I wouldn't want to pay for lossy and I also hope that eventually it'll all be lossless.  With the size of hard drives and the speed of downloads these days, there's really no excuse for lossy music sales.  Sure mp3s are great for portability (at the moment), I prefer to have a CD-quality lossless version to listen to at home.  (Actually, I have everything on my ipod in  FLAC at the moment, but that's another story.)

...And karma for the kick-ass av! big_smile

russtcb wrote:

As far as CD goes, I'll definitely buy it in physical form. At least a CD and hopefully a vinyl if they put one out.

Anyways.... usually I don't care about artwork with mp3s, but if someone turns up a good place I can download high quality artwork for this album, I'd appreciate it. I just made my purchase!

How "high-quality" are you looking for?

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Dreamline wrote:

...And karma for the kick-ass av! big_smile

Thanks! I gave you karma too, cool avvy in your own right. wink

One thing I know, unlike with Chinese D., is that The Dark Knight will be coming out in July 2008. No doubt about it. smile

Board footer