You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Slash Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter updates

Smoking Guns wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
CrashDiet wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

That is fine with me, the solo album might sell more than CD.

That would be so fucking funny if it did.  Could you imagine the "interviews" and forums posts we'd be assaulted with? 

But I agree with what some other people have said.  I am way more interested in a Slash solo / collaboration album then I am a new VR album.

That would be a kick in the balls for a lot of people. He's doing songs with current artists that a good single could spark a little more interest from the mainstream. I don't think so but stranger things have happened.

I want to hear a new Velvet Revolver album and band. I still want to hear a Slash solo album. When they find the right singer things will start to get moving. It's a tough choice and it has to be the right one so it will take time. But Loaded and Slash's solo album keeps them playing and in the media so I don't see it as a bad thing. I don't think VR is on hold but taking the time and not rushing into anything. They are getting demos and calling some back so all things are not silent. I think before the end of the year the band will have a new singer and some type of album/tour news.

I think he has about a 65% chance of selling more albums than CD.  The Slash brand right now is much larger than the GNR brand.  With Kid Rock and Fergie on the album, you will get a lot of support from Casual fans.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

A real good harder song with Kid Rock could be very radio friendly.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
CrashDiet wrote:

That would be so fucking funny if it did.  Could you imagine the "interviews" and forums posts we'd be assaulted with? 

But I agree with what some other people have said.  I am way more interested in a Slash solo / collaboration album then I am a new VR album.

That would be a kick in the balls for a lot of people. He's doing songs with current artists that a good single could spark a little more interest from the mainstream. I don't think so but stranger things have happened.

I want to hear a new Velvet Revolver album and band. I still want to hear a Slash solo album. When they find the right singer things will start to get moving. It's a tough choice and it has to be the right one so it will take time. But Loaded and Slash's solo album keeps them playing and in the media so I don't see it as a bad thing. I don't think VR is on hold but taking the time and not rushing into anything. They are getting demos and calling some back so all things are not silent. I think before the end of the year the band will have a new singer and some type of album/tour news.

I think he has about a 65% chance of selling more albums than CD.  The Slash brand right now is much larger than the GNR brand.  With Kid Rock and Fergie on the album, you will get a lot of support from Casual fans.

i might even go as far as to say higher than 65% for the reasons already mentioned.  It sounds like (for better or for worse) this could end up being one of those albums tailor made to kick out hit singles.

Would I rather see what Slash would come up with working with Patton or Tom Waits?  Sure.  But odds are it's gonna be more like the Santana album than anything else.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Since he seems to be making a habit out of updating his fans via myspace/twitter/facebook can we make this a sticky?  Maybe change the name too.

Anyways here is his most recent updates via facebook:

The track I did with Busta Rhymes for Transformers 2 is sick! He is badass!!
17 hours ago · Comment · Like

5690513.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1239921767&Signature=u7LPfeet07sy3RXawGFnl5yM1bU%3D - The remains of my snakes last meal.= o
18 hours ago · Comment · Like

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Busta Rhymes? Slash is gonna be all over the place with this new material, and I'm gonna go ahead and assume that's a good thing. 21

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

When Slash ruled the world?!

This is the way to go if he wants airplay.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I have a really good feeling about his upcoming solo album.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

transformers 2 soundtrack? thats a big score 21

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Busta Rhymes? Slash is gonna be all over the place with this new material, and I'm gonna go ahead and assume that's a good thing. 21

The haters will still somehow claim Busta to be one of the all-time rock greats and how Slash isn't going out of his comfort zone because of it. 'Cause as we all know, if it ain't industrial, it's not a new direction. 16

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

this guy is doing it all right...just looking at the general feedback to his facebook updates....its monstrous...he's adopted the new age beautifully, and is using it really well....

Board footer