You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Re: Appetite '99

Coma wrote:

hey i got a question is it true that they rerecord Appetite For Destruction in 99 if someone has any info please share it with me

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Yes they did rerecord. Half of the rerecorded Sweet Child O Mine is in the film Big Daddy. That's all that has been released from those sessions.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yes it is.  Apparently they re-recorded all songs except Think About You and You're Crazy (someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that point?)

You can hear the re-recorded Sweet Child on the Big Daddy movie soundtrack.

I beleive the reason for re-recording was they had to practice the songs anyhow in order to play them on tour.  Axl also wanted to play around with new technology to improve things that he couldn't when it was origianlly recorded due to techncial limitations at the time.

I don't believe any other re-recorded songs have been leaked/released other than Sweet Child.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:

oh yes youer right nut the sweet child rerecord is all leaked full is the one that star with the people and Axl saying figaro figaro figaro?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I believe they also replaced 2 songs with You Could Be Mine and Knockin On Heavens Door.

And Paradise City '99 leaked to a radio station in LA a looooooong time ago then disappeared.

I love what I heard of SCOM '99. I'd like to hear the rest of the album.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

"I have re-recorded 'Appetite' [with] Josh Freese on drums, Tommy Stinson on bass, Paul Tobias on guitar, [...] and Robin Finck was on lead guitar, [...] with the exception of two songs [Anything Goes and You're Crazy], because we replaced those with 'You Could Be Mine,' and 'Patience,' and why do that? Well, we had to rehearse them anyway to be able to perform them live again, and there were a lot of recording techniques and certain subtle styles and drum fills and things like that that are kind of '80s signatures that subtly could use a little sprucing up... a little less reverb and a little less double bass and things like that." (Axl, MTV, 11/08/99)

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 781#p54781

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Cheers Neemo, it was anything goes and you're crazy that weren't done then.

I actually have 2 versions of Sweet Child, one with the Figaro Figaro Figaro plus another that is exactly the same but doesn't have that in.

Never heard about the Paradise City leaking MisterID, very interesting.  I'm surprised it has never turned up again.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

isnt the figaro figaro figaro one from live era?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i remember that alt take of nighttrain that came out a couple years ago that people first thought was the rerecorded version but it ended up being an outtake from 86

Board footer