You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Appetite '99

Aussie wrote:

Nahh the Figaro was definitely the Bid Daddy soundtrack one.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Nahh the Figaro was definitely the Bid Daddy soundtrack one.

yes you are correct sir big_smile

[...] [Music supervisor] Lori Lahman says that the initial part of the song features the near-original group (Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Gilby Clarke, and Matt Sorum) recorded live at a concert in Paris. More than halfway through that rendition, the new band - presumably Rose, guitarists Robin Finck and Paul Huge, drummer Josh Freese, bassist Tommy Stinson, and keyboardist Dizzy Reed - kicks in with tracks of the same song recently recorded in the studio. The tune's intro also includes a voice repeating the word, "Figaro," which was a last-minute addition "for fun," courtesy of Rose, says Lahman." (MTV, 07/11/99)

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 805#p54805

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think the reason that i was twisted around cuz the Live era disk also uses the paris ppv version of SCOM

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I've never heard that track, because it's half-live with the old band. If the version that's purely new-GNR from start to finish is out there I'd like to hear it.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:

hey Aussie can you pm that version without the figaro pliz

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Hey Coma, I'm at work at the moment so I will have to look on my home pc for it tonight smile

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:

ok thanks

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Doh, it was Patience, not Knockin On Heavens door. Thanks neemo.

I kind of like Axl's vocals on the '99 SCOM. His voice has a cool, raspy, Marylin Manson type vibe and the song has an early Metallica meets The Doors feel. Josh's drums are fantastic and I love Robin's solo. Really killer.

I wonder if there are some recordings with Buckethead on it. I want a studio version of Bucket's Nightrain solo.:mosh:

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

Hey a guy in mygnrforum was requesting for Rocket Queen (and another song) rerecorded, some guys say "you talking about tje live era version" but the guy claims to had Rocket Queen in his hard drive years ago leaked in heretoday

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

There were rumours back then that Axl wanted to 'bury' the old AFD with releasing the new one. It would have helped him to decrease the other guys' money a bit, since they would have gotten only the royalties for the writing credits. Don't know if it was true, but does sound a really Axlish move. Anyway, they would have released it and that's the point where most Axl plans fail.

@ other motives behind rerecording AFD: Axl - as later stated - didn't feel that the bunch of new players would have been Guns N' Roses, so he tried to lead them to a more GNRish way.

'Learning the old Guns songs and getting them up, you know, putting them on tape, really forced everybody to get them up to the quality that they needed to be at. Once the energy was figured out by the new guys, how much energy was needed to get the songs right, then it really helped in the writing and recording process of the new record.'

MTV, 1999

Board footer