You are not logged in. Please register or login.

_Otis Western
 Rep: 0 

Re: What would the output of an Axl/Duff collaboration sound like?

Anyone else curious about this? If I remember correctly, at the very tale end before Slash left the band, I read that Axl/Duff had a different perspective than Slash/Gilby had in regards to what direction the band might go.

Anyone else curious about what kind of tracks these 2 might record today. Perhaps something of a punk/electronica feel? I think it would be pretty interesting myself.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

maybe we'll find out if that down by the ocean track ever sees the light of day...

izzy, duff and axl....prolly so fine is a good indicator too

_Otis Western
 Rep: 0 

Neemo wrote:

maybe we'll find out if that down by the ocean track ever sees the light of day...

izzy, duff and axl....prolly so fine is a good indicator too

Yeah, I remember hearing about that song way back when. I picture it being kind of blues-esqu. In any case, I'm sure it would be a solid track. I was listening to some Izzy / Duff song on one of the 2s solos albums a month or so back on youtube and I think it sounded much closer to GNR than anything that surfaced on Axl's album. I'd love to see Axl/Duff, Axl/Izzy, or all 3 of them do an EP or something together.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

The last thing I would want to hear on this earth is an Axl/Duff collaboration. Loaded, Velvet Revolver, and Duff's solo albums are quite possibly the biggest piles of shit ever recorded in the history of rock and roll. Now, I guess if you had your lips velcroed to Duff's scrotum then maybe, just maybe, you would find it interesting. However, me personally, I would rather fuck a dead goat than be forced to listen to anything by Duff after 1991. 15

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I may be in the minority, but I loved "Believe In Me". I got it when it was released, and honestly, out of all the solo projects (not counting CD if you consider it such), its my favorite.

Sky Dog wrote:

He wanted an uncensored board so I thought I would play along.....

AtariLegend wrote:

Congrats to BBA for his 11th account... literally.  9

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I would imagine it would sound like whatever Axl was into at the moment. I personally never thought Duff was too big of a creative influence.

I disagree. Duff brought a punk vibe to Appetite that wouldn't have been there with your typical L.A. metal bassist.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer