You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Tommy in Bass Player Mag

Axlin16 wrote:

That's what the Furher does. He claims ideas, interviews, and intellectual works to be his own, because the little narcisst wants his shit to be advertised all over the 'net.

Sig heil.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Anyhow, kind of off topic but I'm curious, the first post in the thread links to the article as it was posted on HTGTH.  Now they have obviously breached copyright to post scans of the article, which in itself is funny given their propaganda about not posting leaks because it's not our material and it deprives the artist of $$'s etc etc.  Seems artists are entitled to make money out of their own material but magazines aren't.

I found that interesting as well and could only assume that HTGTH had some form of deal with the magazine in question.

Now that I think about it though, is that really the case? It doesn't sound very plausible.

Why are alot of you saying Tommy really cleared alot of things up? There's really not all that much new being said here from what I can see. "People didnt want to help Axl, people couldn't him put his thoughts together, blah, blah, blah."

We now know that Tommy met Duff a few years back, and to a certain extent, he was inspired by him. Oh yea, we also know what type of bass he used on the album. I hardly consider any of this as being much of a revelation. JMO.

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

The 'Axl being left to his own devices' sticks out the most. There's no doubt Axl had a lot of ideas, but it seems that no one was really there to help, not flesh them out, but create some kind of structure. As is CD suffers from too many ideas being thrown on a single song. It's really what stops the album from being great. CD the song is the prime example. What made the song cool was Tommy's bass, Axl's punkish vocals and Bucket's guitar noise. Now you can't hear any of it.

The sad thing is there is probably a ton of good producers who would have loved to work on CD.

I am pretty sure Tommy figured out that Axl being left to his own devices was not good. By the time he figured that out though, it was too late to stop the Runaway Train.....get it Bono.:haha:

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Jarmo watermarking the interview is no different than everyone else tongue Whenever I upload a vid to youtube I watermark it even though I dont own the copyright, thousands of people do.... just like we did with universals scheduled release list wink

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Otis Western- wrote:

Why are alot of you saying Tommy really cleared alot of things up? There's really not all that much new being said here from what I can see. "People didnt want to help Axl, people couldn't him put his thoughts together, blah, blah, blah."

We now know that Tommy met Duff a few years back, and to a certain extent, he was inspired by him. Oh yea, we also know what type of bass he used on the album. I hardly consider any of this as being much of a revelation. JMO.

The revelation is someone other than Axl is backing up the fact that HE wasn't the lone reason for the delays.  Just the way you'd give credence to Duff agreeing with Slash that Axl was an asshole.  Each are just as credible.  So if this means nothing to you, then forget all you've heard people slam Axl about.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the interview doenst really change my opinion on Axl, or anyone in the band (past or present) for that matter...I just view it as a bit of tommy get to know you and as more info to the insight of the making of this album...at this stage i'll take any tidbits i can, big or small.

big_smile

Sky Dog wrote:

To me, Tommy is the only member of the new band who, personality and attitude wise, would fit in very easily with Slash, Duff, and Izzy. Tommy is headstrong and proud just like those three. He has the musical chops, the fuck you mentality, and charisma as well.

I personally feel he didn't care for Gnr back in the day because of the scene he was in and possible jealousy towards Guns commercial success. Once he met Axl and learned more about the old Gnr and their songs, his respect grew. It is unfortunate to me that he had to endure 10 years of frustration in order to get one record out. Of all the new band members, he deserved better.:smile:

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Tommy deserves everything IMO.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I've just been watching this Brain clip again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkGsRv1J … ture=email

Roy was the producer at this time.

So what came first? Transcribing all of those drums and rerecording them at Axls request or Roy checking out all of those amps that Tommy mentioned???

Lets not forget the other guys watching cartoons and wanking off in a chicken coop, it seems nobody was in a hurry.

Board footer