You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: How are you grenade design?

AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I think the bicycle cover is a cool picture but a terrible album cover...  Would have been good for the back of the CD or inner photo, but doesn't grab me.

It's more about the meaning, it's been a long journey.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I love the band pic they use to sell this. Wouldn't buy it on principle alone.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Dexter wrote:

There are 2 more covers/bk cover combos and the real  booklet that is all artwork that will be out shortly in some form. It's  been an ugly battle that hasn't made any sense to anyone and  whether anyone cares about such things the booklet or artwork has  always been something I've been passionate about and to release  the album with unapproved and unseen final artwork with a !st work  only error filled draft when others more recent were readily available  still has not been explained but is finally getting cleared up. My fave  is the How Are You Grenade cover.

Dexter wrote:

What I look forward to is incorporating the new artwork into our merch and getting some for myself. I think u'll like a lot of it. My vote's for the How Are You grenade and the Sorry automatic rifle artwork on shirts etc.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i bet they are gearing up to re-release C.D. already

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I saw that shirt at Hot Topic the other day. I almost bought it, but didnt.

AtariLegend wrote:

Maybe they planned to re-release it, before they released it... It might explain a little bit.

If Finck hadn't left, I think they might have been already be touring to support this.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Maybe they planned to re-release it, before they released it... It might explain a little bit.

If Finck hadn't left, I think they would already be touring to support this.

its possible Atari, i was actually surprised when they pulled artwork B & C before the release

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:

yes it makes sense i think Axl saw that he had to realese CD to calm the thiings a bit so he firs starts doing right but then he decides to put out a record with all the songs that had leaked and the most expected one like Sorry with that cover so he can resolve a lot of legal issues and then re-release it the way he wanted it to be

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

It means he wants to blow up the USA..... Hmmmm

Lets not get carried away. M.I.A. uses grenades and guns in a lot of her own artwork, and I think people take it too literally. Its more just symbolism and not meant to convey some dark message. If they go ahead with grenade artwork, I hope Axl doesn't get dished even half the bullshit she did.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

James, its me, Smoking Guns, I was kidding.

Board footer