You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Re: Guns N' Roses Names Dj Ashba As Band's Newest Axeman

Stepvhen wrote:

Ha Ha... Just found this Ashba and Slash
73679690.jpg

This thread at mygnr says that Ashba has done work on Slash's new solo album!!!! I wonder if Slash will use that material now:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?s=1 … try2384328

Can someone translate this page:

http://www.fotolog.com/rock_y_dshogo/30496528

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

i love alice's outfit.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Holy shit, what if Slash reccomended him to Axl?  What if all this hate from Axl is part of some scam for a huge comeback?  Just kidding.. ha.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

nah fuck that this guy rocks...i'm so interested to hear his take on Robins parts...and on the old material for that matter

but yeah the Tobias/Robin/Bucket trio has totally been replaced now

Maybe he can play the Better intro so it isn't all screechy and crap like Robin played it. And yes DJ is an awesome pick.

Smoking Guns wrote:

He is a better "technical" player than Robin.  I will take that.  however, after listening to the songs, there isn't anything awesome there, its basic power chord rock with some ballsy solos and stuff like that.  Its cool, but its more modern rock and that is fine.  What GNR NEEDS is a riff writer and none of the 3 players they currently have are that.

Wait, are we talking about everything from velvet revolver or are we talking about DJ's stuff?  *zing* 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
DCK wrote:

Can't be too bothered with the revolving door anymore. To used to it.

I agree. There's really no point in fans complaining about it. Its been a rotating line up for years, and is obviously always going to be like that. GNR is now nothing more than a less productive NIN that hibernates.

Its also pointless to get attached to any of the musical chairs.

I wish Ashba all the best, and don't really have anything against the choice. They were gonna have to pick someone if they were really gonna do this tour, so it doesn't matter whether it was Ashba or Jim Nabors.

You'll be missed Finck, anyway welcome DJ Ashba, you've just gained some of the craziest fans in music...

Some are already claiming he's the greatest guitarist in GNR history, and even Fortus fans are abandong Fortus in droves since there's rumors Ashba can jump three inches higher while strumming his guitar. A high jumping Ashba could shake the GNR foundations to its core.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I agree. There's really no point in fans complaining about it. Its been a rotating line up for years, and is obviously always going to be like that. GNR is now nothing more than a less productive NIN that hibernates.

Its also pointless to get attached to any of the musical chairs.

I wish Ashba all the best, and don't really have anything against the choice. They were gonna have to pick someone if they were really gonna do this tour, so it doesn't matter whether it was Ashba or Jim Nabors.

Absolutely.

I wish him the best. I knew it would come to this or Robin returning and I found it unlikely because of the tour and his involvement.

Can't help but laugh at Robin Finck. He spends years and years making those fucking albums and when the first is finally released, he's not there to celebrate it. Finck fucked up leaving before the album was released. If it's like anything else in GNR world, he had no fucking clue the album was ready for release, thought "fuck it, I'm gonna go", and then it backfired once it was released and now he's stuck with Trent and NIN who just goes into hiding again after they're done touring. Haha, it's damn comical once you think about it.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Jarmo has confirmed that DJ officially replaced Robin, and isn't just there for touring. He is the new guitarist along with Ron and Richard.

Had a quick look at those videos of his playing, and he seems to have the chops, and he's as weird looking as Robin ever was, so I guess he'll fit right in...

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Surprises me how many have no idea who he is. I've heard about him for years and his work with Nikki Sixx. Strange.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think its good they did something. I'll miss Robin. Now its time to see if he can put up with the waiting, no talking and frustration that comes with the gig.

It's a different band now. Maybe he'll make it work better with Ron.

Sky Dog wrote:

very very very lukewarm to this....borderline not happy at all.

Board footer