You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Guns N' Roses Names Dj Ashba As Band's Newest Axeman

Here's some of his old solo stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Blo … iew=videos

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

At least he has chops.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Very underwhelmed, but good luck to the guy.

I wasnt a huge fan of Robins playing live but I admired him for sticking with the band through all the shit. By 1999 he was fed up with the quagmire creative process and Axl not delivering on the vocals or finishing songs.
He stepped up when Buckethead left and made himself a far better performer and player than he was in 02. To be honest when I seen him live he was awesome, not a bum note and all Slash's solos nailed perfectly. The only boob was his solos which were excruciating and bemusing to the crowd, people were looking at each other wondering what the fuck they were hearing.
I dont blame him for going to work with NIN, I would have ditched Axl years before, NIN is a slick professional outfit, GNR is an utter shambles.

I cant believe people think Axl is suddenly going to start touring and releasing albums religiously. Not a hope in hell. There might be another album some way along the line with The General etc on it, but that will be it. The next few years imo will be the last opportunity to see Axl play live again before he retreats into his mansion for another decade.
Axl couldnt get an album made when he had arguably the most talented rosta of muscians and producers in GNR history back at the start of the millenium. If this guy adds anything to the mix it will be in the vein of Bumblefoot and Franks "additions" to the last album.

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

very very very lukewarm to this....borderline not happy at all.

Who should they have picked? I know you're on my side of the fence in that you are interested in the core line up that recorded CD in 2001-02, but its pretty obvious in 2009 that there's zero chance of that line up existing again.

The Bucket/Finck/Huge era is officially over.

Is there some sort of middle ground that would have pleased you?

James, no.:headbang:  If Brain isn't on drums for this tour, I may just shoot somebody.:mad::mad::mad:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

if this band is gonna stick together the way it is now...and thats a big if

i think they should totally scrap whatever they have for the next album...and re record it all with the current band...like all 8 dudes in one room , old school recording...instead of multiple parts of many years like CD is...

like it or lump it...gnr has become basically the same deal as Ozzy has with his band

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Dude that would take years, "Axl really liked what Robin played, but he likes your feel...." ZzZzZzZzZ

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

He seems aiight, this is lookin promising!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

James, no.:headbang:  If Brain isn't on drums for this tour, I may just shoot somebody.:mad::mad::mad:

Do you own a gun? question regarding potential victims...do you own any ammo? 16

GNR lineup according to GNR(Myspace):

Axl Rose
Tommy Stinson
Dizzy Reed
Bumblefoot
Chris Pitman
DJ Ashba
Richard Fortus
Frank Ferrer

Not sure how long Brain has been removed as he occasionally pops back up on their list, but obviously that line up was updated yesterday. If Brain was rehearsing, he obviously would have been listed.

Brain being gone is a disappointment, but so is the departure of Bucket, Tobias, and Finck. No sense in crying over spilled milk anymore. This touring line up being assembled isn't all that impressive, but I'm gonna go anyways because there's literally no way of knowing if/when Axl will tour again.

As I've mentioned before, for a long time I have considered this NIN. I'm not a hardcore NIN fan, but what interest I have is in Trent and whatever decent music he decides to put out.

i think they should totally scrap whatever they have for the next album...and re record it all with the current band...like all 8 dudes in one room , old school recording...instead of multiple parts of many years like CD is...

Why? So they can ruin a second album like they did their first? If the current line up wants to do an album, let em do their own. Stop pasting their contributions over a superior line up that doesn't exist and ruining material by that line up. If these guys are so good, they should be able to record a brand new album within a year. If they cant, fire them all and start over.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
Neemo wrote:

That is the quickest way to have everyone leave the band.  Knowing how Axl is in the studio by himself, could you imagine him pulling that shit in front of everyone? 

"Okay guys take 52 was great, but I really need you guys to try it a few more times."

Let alone the fact that he'll make them redo it because of his vocals, the sheer frustration from all the other aspects would make them all jump off a bridge.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If the current line up wants to do an album, let em do their own. Stop pasting their contributions over a superior line up that doesn't exist and ruining material by that line up. If these guys are so good, they should be able to record a brand new album within a year. If they cant, fire them all and start over.

Even the old Nu-GN'R line-up wasn't able to make an album in a year. In fact, it took them much more.

I'm not looking forward anything by this band anymore, cause Axl is really unreliable, not to mention that his 'Holy Grail' that took more than a decade was far from great. My opinion, of course.
Anyway, I don't wanna get an album with any BH and Finck solo and Tobias writing credit in 2012. Not even in 2009. The best of the past line-up's remaining material can be released on a bonus disc to CD sometime this year. If they have other strong songs that present musicians wrote, then use these for the next album, but rerecord it in a week or two and add the new songs they can bring.
Yes, I know that in Axl Rose's world it's highly unlikely and we'll get some songs Brain, BH, Tobias and Finck wrote sometime in 2015, and the songs this line-up will write will be on the third disc in 2030, but other guys will play the songs and another guys will tour behind it.

Board footer