You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: The Possibility of a Guns N' Roses '09 Summer tour

Olorin wrote:

Or before 5

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Dumbfounded as to how learning previously recorded songs could take so long... didn't Gilby learn like 50 songs in two weeks??

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Brett wrote:

Dumbfounded as to how learning previously recorded songs could take so long... didn't Gilby learn like 50 songs in two weeks??

Yes he did, and Bumblefoot learned that 06-07 setlist in like a week(maybe two), and what  made it even more difficult for him, he had to listen to the new tracks and wasn't even given a disc of his own to learn them properly. I know I rag on the guy a bit from time to time, but major props for stepping into that situation with essentially his hand tied behind his back. He must have been under tremendous pressure under those circumstances, and to make it even worse, GNR were negotiating to get Bucket back while he was trying to learn that music.

Say what you want about his interpretations of Bucket's material, but the dude is just straight up class through and through. Someone with less integrity/confidence would have bailed in disgust. He stuck it out though and won over a big portion of this jaded fanbase. If/when they ever tour, I'd love to meet him. Obviously wouldn't get to hang for very long, but would at least like to have a short convo with him like some fans got to on that last tour.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

The only reason for rehearsals to last that long, is if the entire band has to find "it" with totally new material from the next album, and even then it shouldn't take that long.

That's really jumping to conclusions.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Say what you want about his interpretations of Bucket's material, but the dude is just straight up class through and through. Someone with less integrity/confidence would have bailed in disgust. He stuck it out though and won over a big portion of this jaded fanbase. If/when they ever tour, I'd love to meet him. Obviously wouldn't get to hang for very long, but would at least like to have a short convo with him like some fans got to on that last tour.

I'd love to meet him as well, i've become a big fan. I like what he does with bucket's stuff even. That twat boot i had the other day i thought was killer. He's an amazing talent...freakishly good on guitar, and also it seems a very nice guy.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
war wrote:

you guys are really jumping to conclusions

You're telling me.  But that's commonplace for GNR fans.  We don't get much information so all we can do is speculate.  Who knows why rehearsals lasted so long?  I would assume DJ auditioned for a bit before they decided on him and I would think they heard something they liked before they made their decision.  So I wouldn't say that it's his fault they've had to rehearse so long and he sucks and he can't play the material.  I think they would've been able to figure that out in the auditions.

Just as was the case with the YEARS leading up to the release of Chinese Democracy, we don't know the half of it.  But continue to speculate, some fascinating theories.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
faldor wrote:

So I wouldn't say that it's his fault they've had to rehearse so long and he sucks and he can't play the material.  I think they would've been able to figure that out in the auditions.

I wonder if they are having second thoughts on him? There's some speculation!

Probably some touring deals didn't work out that they thought would.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Strikingly odd though, why they're not cashing in on the summer festivals? Will they just headline themselves then? Makes no sense to me business wise.

AtariLegend wrote:

This needs to happen....

Patti Hood wrote:

I can hope and pray to play with Axl live.

Take care,
Patti

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 417#p11417

Sky Dog wrote:

Please tell me you aren't serious? DJ Assclown is bad enough....Ship is sunk.:thumbup:

Board footer