You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The Possibility of a Guns N' Roses '09 Summer tour

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:

The only reason for rehearsals to last that long, is if the entire band has to find "it" with totally new material from the next album, and even then it shouldn't take that long.

That's really jumping to conclusions.

Like the above posts said. Gilby learned the songs in two weeks, and Ron in one.

Get a clue. Either Axl's just burning money "thinking" he's gonna take his band out on the road, or DJ has been a bust out of the gate.

Sky Dog wrote:

I can't imagine a guy like Tommy Stinson getting along with a pretty boy sunset strip poodle.

AtariLegend wrote:
madagas wrote:

Please tell me you aren't serious? DJ Assclown is bad enough....Ship is sunk.:thumbup:

"This I Love" is my favourite song on the album... So, no.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
faldor wrote:
war wrote:

you guys are really jumping to conclusions

You're telling me.  But that's commonplace for GNR fans.  We don't get much information so all we can do is speculate.  Who knows why rehearsals lasted so long?  I would assume DJ auditioned for a bit before they decided on him and I would think they heard something they liked before they made their decision.  So I wouldn't say that it's his fault they've had to rehearse so long and he sucks and he can't play the material.  I think they would've been able to figure that out in the auditions.

Just as was the case with the YEARS leading up to the release of Chinese Democracy, we don't know the half of it.  But continue to speculate, some fascinating theories.

I'm not convinced we know for sure exactly when rehearsals began and ended or what took place.  Knowing axl, they could be re-recording old shit or recording new shit. also, the preparations for the rumored world tour would naturally be drastically different than for the stroll they took in '06. although i wasn't there, i'm comfortable assuming that dj physically auditioned for the band and i'm sure that included playing some original gnr material. regardless of what axl's current plans are, i gotta assume he wouldn't hire dj if he couldn't cover any gnr material. besides, slash's work is not that difficult to cover for a hack and fink's parts are even easier. i have a hard time believing that a pro like dj is holding things up because he can't learn the material.

Sky Dog wrote:

I like it to. Now, it would be a good idea for some form of "Unplugged" show, but not for a regular rock show.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
DCK wrote:

The only reason for rehearsals to last that long, is if the entire band has to find "it" with totally new material from the next album, and even then it shouldn't take that long.

That's really jumping to conclusions.

Like the above posts said. Gilby learned the songs in two weeks, and Ron in one.

Get a clue. Either Axl's just burning money "thinking" he's gonna take his band out on the road, or DJ has been a bust out of the gate.

He's learnt his parts fine. Go listen to stuff DJ was doing in late eighties and early nineties. If he can play like that, by now with the experience he's had this should be fine for him to learn. My guess is they don't know when they're gonna tour because the band hasn't been given the word but have been told to be ready so just gonna keep rehearsing to stay in good shape for when they are told "Hey guys time to play a show".

The theory that DJ can't play is absurd.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Have I missed something in this thread? So basicly you're saying that because the tour didn't start yet, and rehersals went 3 months, that the obvious reason for that is that DJ sucks and can't learn the material? Really? That's a massive leap. It's GNR! It's probably some kind of business or legal bullshit that's mananaged to come up and fuck with the tour, or maybe some personal reason, the kinds of things that, you know, delayed the album for year after year.

I don't want to sound hyper positive or anything, but like, really, I just don't see any real basis to assume it's got anything to do with DJ.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Have I missed something in this thread? So basicly you're saying that because the tour didn't start yet, and rehersals went 3 months, that the obvious reason for that is that DJ sucks and can't learn the material? Really? That's a massive leap. It's GNR! It's probably some kind of business or legal bullshit that's mananaged to come up and fuck with the tour, or maybe some personal reason, the kinds of things that, you know, delayed the album for year after year.

I don't want to sound hyper positive or anything, but like, really, I just don't see any real basis to assume it's got anything to do with DJ.

Exactly. The idea that DJ Sucks and the band can't play is ridiculous.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Wake me up when the reunion rumors start.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Maybe he can't play Robin's parts because the choppiness and horrible pitches Robin played with are impossible to replicate.

Board footer