You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: The Possibility of a Guns N' Roses '09 Summer tour

DCK wrote:

I thought the board was fucked for a moment

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

It's not the board that's fucked, it's the interest in this GnR that is.

buzzsaw wrote:

Oh, snap!

ishot-1.jpg

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

^^

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

i don't know about that.

i've noticed many people express interest in the rumored tour that have not posted in the last 48 hours.

there's just nothing to talk about right now, regarding gnr. it's just like everything else with gnr. The rumors start to come in and, if they're credible, we are left to ponder their validity for 6 months.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
war wrote:

there's just nothing to talk about right now, regarding gnr.

Yeah that's it for me...at the moment we're limited to posting "cool i hope it happens". I'm pretty confident it will happen though, as I don't see why the band would have anounced DJ if there was no tour. At the same time, Axl and co seemed to be stressing they didn't have plans locked in yet. So i'm expecting that its happening, like the early stages are in development (get the band back together, reherse some songs, early talks) but it's not like there are exact times and dates lined up with a promoter in secret yet.

I'm going to have to warn you guys....if the band plays more CD songs this time out, and if Ashba renders Slash's old guns parts more faithfully to the cd versions than robin did...(which to me was always something that freaked me out live...like i'd expect a melody or phrase and it's not there) then ..there's a strong possibility i'm going to go into fanboy mode!!! I've been listening to loads of CD recently and enjoying it a lot. I may well become one of those annoying hyper positive people wink

For some reason I have a really open mind about this line up. Which isn't ment as a desrespect to the old bands who I also love a lot, or fans of the otehr bands, but I guess emotionally I feel like i've lost my baggage about it, I used to want a reunion lots, and while it would always be interesting if that happened (assumign the guys actually became friends again) I've come to accept Axl isn't going to change his mind, and I'm ready to give this band a fair go this time around smile

war

war wrote:

i have moved on as well. from slash and from buckethead. those are gnr's best two lead guitar players to this date and neither could deal with the shit that comes with axl/gnr or whatever you want to believe. if gnr is to become special again axl really needs to maintain one line-up. I think the "dictatorship" can work but in order for any continuity to exist in the studio and on tour axl needs the same handful of guys to continue making music for him and he needs to make more haste with getting their creations to our ears. If this happens I have a good feeling about the current group of guys.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Without a future album on the horizon, my interest is nil. GN'R are ran like the New York Yankees of music at this point (whoever is in Free Agency is the band/team), and just like in baseball, if you don't have a realistic goal to win a ring... who gives a fuck?

If you don't have a goal to release another album, who gives a fuck?

Alot of us have seen the old band, the Matt/Dizzy band, the Gilby band, the Bucket band, the Robin/Ron/Brain band, the Robin/Ron/Frank band, and now it's Ashba. GN'R live at this point couldn't mean less, they're a studio band at this point anyway.

So more studio output is needed.

war

war wrote:

The New York Yankees are like one of the best organizations in baseball.

Board footer