You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: The Possibility of a Guns N' Roses '09 Summer tour

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Without a future album on the horizon, my interest is nil. GN'R are ran like the New York Yankees of music at this point (whoever is in Free Agency is the band/team), and just like in baseball, if you don't have a realistic goal to win a ring... who gives a fuck?

If you don't have a goal to release another album, who gives a fuck?

Alot of us have seen the old band, the Matt/Dizzy band, the Gilby band, the Bucket band, the Europe '06 band, the Robin/Ron band, and now it's Ashba. GN'R live at this point couldn't mean less, they're a studio band at this point anyway.

So more studio output is needed.

No offense, but if it's not one thing it's another.  When the band was touring there were complaints that they were playing too much AFD.  People complained they weren't playing enough new songs, then complained they weren't playing enough UYI songs, then complained that they didn't change up the order of songs.  Now we have an album of new material (7 of which they haven't played live before, and 2 they've only played a couple times) and you want MORE new material.  I can understand getting upset at the constant revolving lineup that we've had the last 8 years but I just can't understand not wanting to see a band that you're a fan of.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Because the band that recorded CD, is long gone, and the rest I saw in 2006 - twice.

Pretty self-explanatory.

I would need an all original album by the Ashba band, that I liked, to go see them live.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Because the band that recorded CD, is long gone, and the rest I saw in 2006 - twice.

Pretty self-explanatory.

I would need an all original album by the Ashba band, that I liked, to go see them live.

The band that recorded CD began splitting in 2002.  Robin's departure and DJ's entrance was the last straw?  Paul being replaced by Richard, Bucket by Bumble, Brain by Frank, that wasn't enough?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

axl is enough of a draw for me
and every chance to see him could be my last

I'd also like to see some new songs live, regardless of who wrote them

looking forward to more UYI songs as well like coma, locomotive, and estranged wink

faldor

faldor wrote:
war wrote:

axl is enough of a draw for me
and every chance to see him could be my last

I'd also like to see some new songs live, regardless of who wrote them

I'm right there with you.  I never got to see the original band or UYI era band live.  So if I was there to see Bucket, then again to see Bumblefoot, I'll sure as hell be there to see DJ.  Robin's departure isn't going to stop me.  I can't wait to hear the new songs played live.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Pretty self-explanatory.

The band that recorded CD began splitting in 2002.  Robin's departure and DJ's entrance was the last straw?  Paul being replaced by Richard, Bucket by Bumble, Brain by Frank, that wasn't enough?

I didn't get to see the old band, any incarnation, and those are the major ones i'd like to see. That isn't happening.

The show I was going to see the Bucket era band, my other top-one, was the first show cancelled after the Philly riot.

I saw Frank in his first official format in the NA tour in 2006, because it was the first real chance I had to see Guns N' Roses, any lineup. They rocked, I enjoyed them, but I don't really have an interest in spending a good chunk of money just to see DJ Ashba, play material wrote by Robin Finck, who was the originator, that I saw in 2006. I also have no interest to see Ashba, play material that Slash wrote many years ago. I saw Robin do it in 2006. I also have no interest in seeing the same playlist I saw in 2006, that was massively AFD-heavy.

If I see that they are actively playing alot of CD, and Ashba is very talented, my interest my rise, and if they go on a double-headline with Van Halen, will probably clinch it for me, as i've never seen VH live, all the more special Roth-fronted.

It's not impossible, just highly improbable.

Even if Brain's on drums with Axl, DJ, Ron, Richard, Tommy, Dizzy & Chris...

If they are playing...

Jungle
Easy
Train
Out Ta Get Me
Mr. B
City
Michelle
Sweet Child
Rocket Queen
Patience
Used To Love Her
Live and Let Die
Rain
Knockin'
You Could Be Mine
Democracy
Street
I.R.S.
Better

It ain't gonna happen.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

My interest in GNR is up. Just not on the message boards. I've been listening to CD more and more lately. And I'm appreciating it a lot more.

But Bumble's "contributions" still piss me the fuck off 4

I'm sorry to be a hater, but fuck he just doesn't fit this band. GNR would totally have to reinvent itself for him to fit and center everything around his playing. I just don't see that happening. Especially when they're still a band centered around Buckethead and Robin's era.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Pretty self-explanatory.

I didn't get to see the old band, any incarnation, and those are the major ones i'd like to see. That isn't happening.

The show I was going to see the Bucket era band, my other top-one, was the first show cancelled after the Philly riot.

I saw Frank in his first official format in the NA tour in 2006, because it was the first real chance I had to see Guns N' Roses, any lineup. They rocked, I enjoyed them, but I don't really have an interest in spending a good chunk of money just to see DJ Ashba, play material wrote by Robin Finck, who was the originator, that I saw in 2006. I also have no interest to see Ashba, play material that Slash wrote many years ago. I saw Robin do it in 2006. I also have no interest in seeing the same playlist I saw in 2006, that was massively AFD-heavy.

If I see that they are actively playing alot of CD, and Ashba is very talented, my interest my rise, and if they go on a double-headline with Van Halen, will probably clinch it for me, as i've never seen VH live, all the more special Roth-fronted.

It's not impossible, just highly improbable.

Even if Brain's on drums with Axl, DJ, Ron, Richard, Tommy, Dizzy & Chris...

If they are playing...

Jungle
Easy
Train
Out Ta Get Me
Mr. B
City
Michelle
Sweet Child
Rocket Queen
Patience
Used To Love Her
Live and Let Die
Rain
Knockin'
You Could Be Mine
Democracy
Street
I.R.S.
Better

It ain't gonna happen.

That's acceptable I guess.  You can still be won over.  I really could care less who wrote what and who's playing what, as long as it sounds good.  I've seen Journey without Steve Perry, Def Leppard without Steve Clark, Van Halen without Michael Anthony, Metallica without Cliff Burton, the list goes on and on, and they were all good and worth seeing to me.  As I said I never saw GNR until 2002, I just got to see Bucket in Hartford, CT, the 2nd to last show before the Philly riot.  So I lucked out there, though I had planned to see them in Vegas around New Years.  That obviously didn't happen.  But if I could fully enjoy seeing GNR with Bucket, then again with Bumble, I don't see why DJ would ruin my experience.  That's just how I feel, I know there are plenty of others who feel differently and that's fine.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

And that's totally cool. But I was just explaining why I need some things on the table to sign up for a live show.

I still think because it's primarily Axl-driven, that they are more of a studio band, and just because CD is out, doesn't give them some sort of reprieve for the fact no original music had came out since 1991.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Umm, I believe Tommy, Dizzy, Chris, Ron, Richard, Brain, Frank, and Axl played on CD. And whaddaya know, they're the guys touring *besides Ashba*.

When UYI came out, Izzy didn't tour it, Gilby did, who wasn't even on the albums.

Board footer