You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: one thing I don't get

metallex78 wrote:

Without starting yet another Robin vs Slash debate, I'm curious as to why the viewpoints towards Robin and Slash are so skewed as they are. I think both guitarists are great, but just hear me out on this.

Slash left GN'R once in 1996, and addressed it to the fans and the media alike, and went about with his solo career etc and hasn't returned since. And it wasn't prior to releasing a new GN'R album that he'd been a big part in creating. He left GN'R when they were still pretty inactive.

Robin has left GN'R twice. The first time was kinda addressed in the media. But the second time, he leaves right before the album he was working on for years gets released, and he doesn't address it to the fans, media or even to Axl. He is all of sudden back touring with NIN. Now that's kinda disrespectful right?

YET, Robin is referred to as a respected part of GN'R's "history", and Slash is not.

Why is it so?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I always figured Robin silence was stubberness on account of GNRs failings when it comes to PR.
The way I seen it was, he was sick of the way they operate and chose to say nothing to see what action they would take in informing the GNR fans of the situation. I'm just assuming, that in his mind, the way they handled it would speak volumes about GN'R to himself and the fans.

I hope now he is officially out he might comment and give some explanation, or at least acknowledgement to the GNR fans.

Anyone who doesnt consider Slash a respected part of GNR history is just a ignorant, twisted minded buffoon.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah I think even Axl himself would admit that Slash is well respected and a huge part of GNR's history.  He may hate him, but you can't deny his contributions.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:

Yeah I think even Axl himself would admit that Slash is well respected and a huge part of GNR's history.  He may hate him, but you can't deny his contributions.

He would probably say he should have left the band after Lies or something stupid like that, oh forgot, he actually DID say that.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Let me get this straight. There's ONE thing you don't get about all this?

faldor

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:

He would probably say he should have left the band after Lies or something stupid like that, oh forgot, he actually DID say that.

He also said he appreciated his work in Guns, or something to that effect.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

Nah Axl would say Slash should've left after Lies and Gn'R would've been better off and we'd all be better off if nobody heard from him or his supporters.  Something like that, you know. Probably elaborate  on how the UYI albums suck and it was really Slash's fault they never burried AFD.  I'm just guessing that's  the opinion Axl would suggest. I have no past reference to suggest he'd do this. It's just speculation but one can speculate right?

tongue

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Finck fucked it up for himself. He probably had no clue the album would come out, thought it was safe to go with Trent for awhile and then go back once a tour would start.

Makes no sense to work on something for 10 years and then leave when you're months away from releasing it. If any, he slowed down the whole tour issue because of his disappearance.

He spent over 10 years in GNR and never released one damn album while IN the band. Nothing but fantastic.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

Nah Axl would say Slash should've left after Lies and Gn'R would've been better off and we'd all be better off if nobody heard from him or his supporters.  Something like that, you know. Probably elaborate  on how the UYI albums suck and it was really Slash's fault they never burried AFD.  I'm just guessing that's  the opinion Axl would suggest. I have no past reference to suggest he'd do this. It's just speculation but one can speculate right?

tongue

I like to look at the bright side of things.  I take the one compliment he gave Slash.  If you want to be Mr. Negative then fine.  14

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

tongue

I like to look at the bright side of things.  I take the one compliment he gave Slash.  If you want to be Mr. Negative then fine.  14

I'm not Mr. Negative. Axl's Mr. Negative. Just read his conversation....errrrr.... interview with Del. I can't remember the last time I called up a  buddy to ask me questions so I could vent about a  guy I used to hang out with 15 years ago. 14

Board footer