You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Re: Brain in Modern Drummer (May 2009)

Coma wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Remember when this thread was about Brain's interview. Good times, those days.

hahhaha you're right this has nothing to do with the Brain Interview i don't uhnderstand why this is here....

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

If you don't understand, then you just need to spend more time here...it will all clear up for you.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Just like herpes...clears up...then it happens again wink

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Coma wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Remember when this thread was about Brain's interview. Good times, those days.

hahhaha you're right this has nothing to do with the Brain Interview i don't uhnderstand why this is here....

Oh, I totally understand how this thread ended up like this.

It's like a caterpillar changing into a butterlfy. There's a strange beauty to it all. Very strange.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I can honestly say I'm ok not expecting/hoping for anything else at this point.  I got to hear many of these songs live over the past few years. I got the album and as a bonus, I got to (and will continue to) play it on Rock Band 2.

I've found that I'm a lot happier GNR fan when I step back and look at what I have instead of what I think/hope/want them to do. And I don't mean that from a "Everything Axl does is right" or "They don't owe you anything" stance.

I just mean that I've learn to accept that for whatever reason, not much else is going to come of this, but I'm damn glad for what I've got thus far.

Exactly, totally agree. I used to be like that also, 'til one day I just took a step back. I guess Axl broke me in a sense. I just stopped caring, and eventually deemed it "a lost album" / "it will never come out".

Then by the time it did come out, I was excited, but not like I thought I would be. After it came out, it finally hit me, really what Axl had been saying all along - it's just an album.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, me either.

I'm pretty much on GN'R-codine. I'm just numb at this point...

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I was getting like that in early 2008...like when they didn't make the tentative deadline, yet gave no progress report, I was starting to wonder what was going on behind the scenes....but the album comming out has renewed me smile

Sky Dog wrote:

the album, in the end, was just three more leaks and some detailed writing credits....I wouldn't mind seeing a second album and some real tour news.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
madagas wrote:

the album, in the end, was just three more leaks and some detailed writing credits....I wouldn't mind seeing a second album and some real tour news.

I know what you mean, but I was glad that the leaks made it to a finished form in the end, like the songs in leak form had become a part of my life over the years, and it would be really wierd if they remained unoffical and we were left to rely on bootlegs and leaks for them forever. This way they are accessable to people who arn't in the hardcore fan base and I sort of like that. So as much as many felt we didn't get much new, I was glad to get closure on all those songs with an offical version.

Board footer