You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Brain in Modern Drummer (May 2009)

James wrote:

It was a riff that we'd been jamming on since the Praxis days with Bill and Bootsy and Bernie. Axl loved it and put some lyrics to it, and it became “Shackler's.” That one might have more of a swing because it came more from me.

Thats such a cool tidbit. Missed it in the original scans.

The Shacklers remix needs to be a mix using the original track.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Watermarking is an infringement of copyright. Yeah, its illegal.

jarmo knows this. It's like the time George Chin told him to take his pictures off the website... Now I see he's blaming people for whining and telling them they aren't fans, while posters are calling he and Adz out for their hypocrisy and breaking their own rules of insulting board members. I see nothing has changed much over there. Is that ALL jarmo and Adz do now? How strange to be trolls on your own message board 16

One thing that popped out at me in this article is that we were all assuming that Scraped was the Brain song Dizzy was talking about called "Lies They Tell." But he said Scraped was a Buckethead song. Could this mean they are two totally different songs and we do have a name of a new song?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

It was a riff that we'd been jamming on since the Praxis days with Bill and Bootsy and Bernie. Axl loved it and put some lyrics to it, and it became “Shackler's.” That one might have more of a swing because it came more from me.

A Praxis song turns GNR. Funny. Rhiad sounds more like hard Praxis though.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

If they're gonna re-mix Shacklers..

Make the guitars more powerful in the mix...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

That deserves karma....

I added it to the first post and the one that deserves karma is http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/ for doing it.

The guy who runs that blog is a member here, not sure if he wants his identity known or not though.  It's a good site, check it out.

James

James wrote:

Then I'll send out a 'thank you' to the guy for transcribing that watermarked crap.

Did you go blind while doing it? 14 I could barely read it and skipped over huge chunks. A very cool thing for you to put in the effort at a transcription.

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

After reading this tidbit, I went to listen to the original Shackler and no longer have it since changing comps last year.

Anyone who has the original Shackler(NOT Shackler's Revenge), please send it to me so I can add it to our 4shared account.

The song is obscure and out of print so there are no worries about uploading/downloading the track.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

^ I LITERALLY JUST DELETED IT 2 DAYS AGO sad

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

After reading this tidbit, I went to listen to the original Shackler and no longer have it since changing comps last year.

Anyone who has the original Shackler(NOT Shackler's Revenge), please send it to me so I can add it to our 4shared account.

The song is obscure and out of print so there are no worries about uploading/downloading the track.

theres another version of shacklers?

James

James wrote:
Coma wrote:

theres another version of shacklers?

No, its an entirely different song years ago from Buckethead, not GNR. It was an obvious inspiration for the track  even though it sounds quite different.

Board footer