You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Chinese Democracy/Rock Band 2 (Tracks Leaking?)

war wrote:

to me, perfections lies somewhere in the middle. the quotes definitely drown out some great guitar work but it seems that the solo was meant to acompany the quotes. it's very anticlimactic. can we just turn down the volume on the quotes a bit?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Agree. I love the quotes but on the album version they completely drown out the guitar solo.
I think the volume levels of the 2 should be switched around and it would sound much improved.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

its not a great solo IMO but it fits nicely under the quotes...i dont understand why people are opposed to the quotes, they make the track for me...i think they are brilliantly assembled

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Harking back to RIR3 again regarding Maddy, I liked how the quotes were beneath the solo. Its splitting hairs I guess, but it just seems like the solo is very quiet on the album.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Neemo wrote:

its not a great solo IMO but it fits nicely under the quotes...i dont understand why people are opposed to the quotes, they make the track for me...i think they are brilliantly assembled

agreed, minus the quotes already used on civil war

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Cant wait for this stuff to leak. Turn Tommy up, Turn Pitman up in places, lower Bumble on certain songs, remove these quotes and intros, and we've got ourselves a proper album. 16

Regarding the quotes(and Riad intro)....

Yeah, they clearly couldn't get the rights for them, and thank God for that. Not sure if you remember, but someone found a song that basically had an identical intro as Riad. Rock Band probably wasn't gonna risk getting sued.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think that the reason why some instruments are turned up as well is cuz that is the instrument bein "played" for the game....when i listened to street of dreams on that youtube vid it sounded the same as the album to me...aside from the guitar being a little louder which, like i said, is normal for these games

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i think that the reason why some instruments are turned up as well is cuz that is the instrument bein "played" for the game....when i listened to street of dreams on that youtube vid it sounded the same as the album to me...aside from the guitar being a little louder which, like i said, is normal for these games

Yeah but once the geeks grab these files, it stops being about the game and starts being about doing a killer fan mix, which is what I'm interested in.

I'm glad GNR released this game and I hope it sells a lot, but I don't give two shits about it. Don't play Rock Band, and in fact, my 360 collects dust in my closet. Only game I play anymore is Civilization IV, which is on PC.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

My god that TWAT solo! And the CD solo isn't all that easy either...

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

WTF!!!! the skip in Scraped is still there!!!!!!!!GRRRRR

Board footer