You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Chinese Democracy/Rock Band 2 (Tracks Leaking?)

DCK wrote:

With all due respect to everyone playing this stuff. I tried it at a friend of mine a weekend and I thought it sucked. It didn't have anything to do with guitar playing. It was just pressing some buttons when they showed up on the screen. The buttons and the groove of the song didn't match that of what I had in my head and I quickly dropped the whole thing.

AtariLegend wrote:

http://pksage.com/rockbandsongs.php

"Ryiad And The Bedouins", "There Was A Time" and "Street Of Dreams" all got high user ratings, whereas "This I Love" got one of the lowest ever.

Click on the thumbs up, at the side to view the rankings.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Overall it rates pretty well. TIL & Sorry aside.

Wow, Pearl Jam has a song rated 16%. I never heard that song but think I seen it on yoube, I'll have to check it out. Must be painfully slow or something.

AtariLegend wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The TWAT video on here even had me respecting Finck a little bit

If the signatures were enabled on this forum, this would be mine... 19

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Overall it rates pretty well. TIL & Sorry aside.

Wow, Pearl Jam has a song rated 16%. I never heard that song but think I seen it on yoube, I'll have to check it out. Must be painfully slow or something.

it's too bad because sorry is the best song on the album IMO. the RB version kinda drowns out the intriquicies of an already perfectly mixed song............the opposite of some of the other songs.

TIL obivously doesn't have enough guitar and drums.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The TWAT video on here even had me respecting Finck a little bit

If the signatures were enabled on this forum, this would be mine... 19

If you think it's that special, you could just type it at the bottom of every post you make.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
DCK wrote:

With all due respect to everyone playing this stuff. I tried it at a friend of mine a weekend and I thought it sucked. It didn't have anything to do with guitar playing. It was just pressing some buttons when they showed up on the screen. The buttons and the groove of the song didn't match that of what I had in my head and I quickly dropped the whole thing.

I tend to agree as I had friends who are so stupid they honestly think if they can play the song on GH then they can play it in real life. As a guitarist it seems to me these games are a lot more about ryhthm in general and nothing to do with actual guitar. However that said, once you accept that, they're really addictive....they can be quite good fun if you can get the feel for it.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
DCK wrote:

I tend to agree as I had friends who are so stupid they honestly think if they can play the song on GH then they can play it in real life. As a guitarist it seems to me these games are a lot more about ryhthm in general and nothing to do with actual guitar. However that said, once you accept that, they're really addictive....they can be quite good fun if you can get the feel for it.

Yeah. And I mean GH actually got me to start playin guitar cause I thought Hey these are awesome songs wish i could play them. and bam.

One thing i have to say is GH helps on your timing and synchronization between your hands..

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
strat0 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
DCK wrote:

Yeah. And I mean GH actually got me to start playin guitar cause I thought Hey these are awesome songs wish i could play them. and bam.

One thing i have to say is GH helps on your timing and synchronization between your hands..

if you can work your way up to hard and expert it starts to feel like your playing guitar ... a bit ... on easy or medium though you are not doing anythign but following the most basic structure of the game...

i agree with strato...if nothing else it helps build some muscles in your hands

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Rock Band is just a more intricate and fun version of this game from the early 80s...

miltonBradleySimon.jpg

Board footer