You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Nascar Commerial last night

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Itchy GTR wrote:

Well it will get fans who may not be following G&R news from day to day to go to their computer and search the G&R sites and find out what's going on with G&R. It's a subltle promotion without overkill or pushing it in the publics eyes and ears. (These days many fans are so busy with trying to make a living they might not be aware of G&R and their new cd.) Does that make any sense? lolo

No, that does not make sense, but nothing does in the GNR world, so I wouldn't feel too badly about it if I were you.

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Itchy GTR wrote:

:headbang:Alright I get it!!!!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Itchy GTR wrote:

All I was saying is a well known song from G&R was used for a commerical that is sort of a promotion for the up and coming G&R tour.

Tours usually don't advertise nationally. They advertise regionally before tickets go on sale & come to town. Also, they wouldn't advertise before announcing it, and wouldn't advertise if they're not the headlining band (haven't followed this section much, wasn't it said they would tour "with" someone else {VH})

Also, it would be either :30 or :60 EXACT!  Not "up until the first verse". And are you saying it was a NASCAR commercial, or a GnR tour commercial that aired during a Nascar race??!

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Itchy GTR wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Itchy GTR wrote:

All I was saying is a well known song from G&R was used for a commerical that is sort of a promotion for the up and coming G&R tour.

Tours usually don't advertise nationally. They advertise regionally before tickets go on sale & come to town. Also, they wouldn't advertise before announcing it, and wouldn't advertise if they're not the headlining band (haven't followed this section much, wasn't it said they would tour "with" someone else {VH})

Also, it would be either :30 or :60 EXACT!  Not "up until the first verse". And are you saying it was a NASCAR commercial, or a GnR tour commercial that aired during a Nascar race??!

It was a Nascar commercial. But what I don't get is for the last ten years or maybe more I never saw any commercials using any G&R songs weather it was the original line-up; Illusion line-up or the current line up.
I know they have played a few in movies but never to promote a commercial for another corporation. lolo

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

I heard Welcome to the Jungle at a AA baseball game.

The tour is on!

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Itchy GTR wrote:

All I was saying is a well known song from G&R was used for a commerical that is sort of a promotion for the up and coming G&R tour. I guess they could of used a song from CD which would of been great. But perhaps they chose Welcome to the Jungle to remind the original fans of G&R that Axl and new company are on their way to promote a new cd. I think it was cool that they chose Welcome to the Jungle because it is a song that is already well known by the older fans and the newer fans. lolo .........Axl: Don't you try to stop us now.......because I just won't let you!!!!!!! 35

Itchy GTR wrote:

It was a Nascar commercial. But what I don't get is for the last ten years or maybe more I never saw any commercials using any G&R songs weather it was the original line-up; Illusion line-up or the current line up.
I know they have played a few in movies but never to promote a commercial for another corporation. lolo

Not really...They've been using well known GN'R songs for years even when the band had no hope of being active...

And not to be blunt but...Where the hell have you been in the last 10 years. They use GN'R songs for everything and anything...

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

This thread so belongs here ..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

....but it did make me laugh  14  5

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Itchy GTR wrote:

It was a Nascar commercial.

So it has nothing to do with a tour.

This thread blows, next!  22

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

man you guys are sooo mean, not everyone was around when there were constantly talking about hearing GnR @ baseball and nfl and stuff...

that being said....this has happened way to meany times to mean anything...nascar prolly just bought some rights to use the song for that particular race 19

Board footer